A Conversation for Black-and-White: Bubble on Keyboard

Comments: Keyboard Bubble

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

bobstafford says:

'Bubble on keyboard
Excellent use of reflections and the marbles to reflect the shape of the bubble is very clever, Someone thought about this
composition, and it works extremely well '

FWR says:

'Keyboard.

No comment!

Next time you're out and about with your camera or phone, try experimenting with composition, framing a small detail or taking a candid shot from a different viewpoint can give some brilliant results.'

What do you say?

Post 2

I love the textures in this, and the geometries.smiley - musicalnote

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - prof says smiley - winkeye this is one of my nigs/niggs (Northern slang for a glass marble, as in a game of marbles)
and this one is a niner! smiley - laugh

Post 4

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

This reminds me of rendering GIF images when we just had our first home computer. It took ages and then you had a picture of reflecting bubbles on screen which you couldn't use for anything (no printing or saving, just looking). If you wanted to see it again, you had to start over from zero. We thought they were amazing.

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

That is a superb image - fascinating geometry indeed, and the different textures of the reflections and highlights reward repeat viewing smiley - magic

Post 6

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeye

smiley - loveblushsmiley - loveblushit's a nude rude marble, it's see-through

smiley - whistle

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm still puzzling over the ring of black beads to the right of the bubble. smiley - huh

You can tell I have a lot of other things to do right now. smiley - winkeye

Post 8

FWR

Just a bracelet my wife left to the side mate, thought it would be a nice contrast to the straight lines...then the bubble!

Post 9

I like the beads. They add texture. I'm enjoying this black-and-white business for all the visual textures. smiley - smiley

Post 10

cactuscafe

I'm in love with this keyboard bubble.

This black and white business is taking me beyond words, into a very translucent luminous type world.

This pic is so gorgeous I might just have to go and dance along a horizon.

Post 11

smiley - sadfaceAw! A bubble alone, no mate to make droplets with smiley - whistle

Post 12

I like bubbles. The bubbles in "Wizard of Oz" add a certain charm. I think people traveled in bubbles in one of the Mary Poppins movies. I used to mix dishwashing liquid with water and dip a bubblemaker in it and make bubbles.

Drat! So many things that were fun when I was little, and I got out of the habit of doing them. smiley - sadface No wonder I'm getting old. Now, where did I put that bubblemaking equipment? smiley - run

(Spellcheck says that bubblemaking is not a proper word. So noted)

Post 13

FWR

People are too focused on bucket lists, dreaming of doing 'something special' before time runs out.

I think we should have a bubble list instead and enjoy the time we have doing the often overlooked little things that bring us pleasure?

Rolling down hills, blowing bubbles, building a den, be a kid every so often and the world may be a funner place....funner is good!smiley - biggrin

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

Hear Hear!

People can learn through play at any age A87884653

Funner is good indeed! smiley - biggrin

Post 15

FWR

Sitting listening to two knitters as we speak!

Post 16

It's possible to take the fibers from milkweed stalks and spin them into yarn. Just don't ask me to do it smiley - run.

Yes, a bubble list sounds like a great idea. In fact, I've just now taken a slotted spoon and dipped it some dishwashing liquid. Yes, I can still blow bubbles. smiley - biggrin

Post 17

cactuscafe

I love bubbles. I was watching a bubble person yesterday. A bubble person? yes, he was doing a theatre act in the street. He had two sticks between which was stretched a layer of soapy liquid, pull the sticks apart, move them around in the air and presto, giant bubbles flying everywhere.

All the kids were chasing them, trying to catch them, I was so enchanted.

Every now and then I buy myself one of those little tubes of bubble soap and a circular wand, must get one, good for the beach, got bubbles on my mind.

Post 18

I don't keep bubble wands on hand, but slotted spoons work up to a point. smiley - smiley

Post 19

The novel - Bubbles in the bath - by Arthur Windybottom smiley - erm

Post 20

Bubbles was the nickname that Beverley Sills was known by in her youth.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Black-and-White: Bubble on Keyboard

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more