A Conversation for Messages for Mermaids

Diving suit

Post 1

minorvogonpoet

The notice said 'This is a rare example of an early diving suit.'

What it didn't say is that these diving suits were rare because they were so heavy most of the men who ventured into them never made it back to the surface. smiley - fish

Diving suit

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

AW! Come on! It's years since I did that underwater scene with Roger Moore as James Bond, let me outsmiley - wahI'm hungry and want a pee!

Diving suit

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Protect yourself from the government's thought-control rays with a brain shield. Just $24.00 inside"

Diving suit

Post 4

Bluebottle

I'm shocked no-one has gone for the obvious:

'So long, and thanks for all the fish'

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 5

Bluebottle

'In case of flood, break glass'.

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 6

Bluebottle

But everyone is assuming it is designed for humans to visit underwater creatures when in fact it was built to allow underwater inhabitants to walk on dry land. The plaque reads:

'One small step for mermaids, one giant leap for mermaidkind'

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 7

Bluebottle

'And Cher was sealed in this living tomb for the rest of her life as just punishment for 1990 film 'Mermaids'…'

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 8

Bluebottle

'These prototype diving suits were difficult to climb into and in order to wear them operators had to don the suit in a special order. They would put their left leg in, take the left leg out - in, out, in, out and shake it all about. They'd climb up inside it and turn around, and that's what it's all about.'

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 9

Bluebottle

Man: Darling, I'm just walking to work in my new suit.
Wife: But you work on the Mainland, dear!
Man: Exactly.smiley - biggrin

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 10

Bluebottle

Despite the unprecedented success of the diving suit, the matching diving bowler hat failed to take off...

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 11

Bluebottle

I know the ad said 'For sale - mobile home for one', but I was picturing something bigger…

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 12

Bluebottle

Do YOU worry your partner may be unfaithful? Then YOU need to get them the chastity suit – it prevents ALL kissing, hugging, cuddling, snoodling, spooning, fondling, groping, heavy petting, ducking, bombing and intercourse and is 99% more effective than the leading competing chastity belt. Order yours now and get a free tree-shaped air freshener installed absolutely free!

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 13

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl I liked the tree-shaped air freshener.

Diving suit

Post 14

I rather liked he one about punishing Cher for her part in "Mermaids." smiley - evilgrin

Diving suit

Post 15

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - wahsmiley - wahBut mam/dad all I wanted was an action man toy for xmas, I'm only 6 yrs old

Diving suit

Post 16

Bluebottle

Angered after centuries of being shoved down people's ears, this horribly beweaponed battlesuit led the babelfish to their first decisive victory in their fight for freedom.

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 17

"I knew the air pollution here was bad, but this is ridiculous."

Diving suit

Post 18

Bluebottle

Hello? Is that the dry cleaners? I wonder if you can clean and press my suit...?

<BB<

Diving suit

Post 19

Bluebottle

To reassure inhabitants of Cowes following the Floating Bridge's reputation for constantly breaking down, the Isle of Wight Council proudly unveiled their invention to let passengers get off the bridge and push.

<BB< A87911166

Diving suit

Post 20

Bluebottle

'Does my bum look big in this?'

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post