A Conversation for March 2019 Create Challenge: Workplace Follies

Workplace Follies

Post 1

bobstafford

I went to work one day to be told to take a company car to a secure location for gate duty
On arrival, I was told it was a security check the grounds and man the gate.
First though tea! get the kettle on!

That was good, Now all you have to do is wander around and make sure there are no unwelcome visitors, back in 20 for a break.

Here catch this, a large lump of leather arrived, whats in this "Its a fully automatic Walther something or other". What do I do with this, put it on and look the part, "any instructions" yes "don't shoot the rabbits". I have no licence for this, don't worry it's just for an emergency and it's ok within the estate boundaries.

If a car turns up especially one with a flag on the roof salute it and open the gate, talk only to the driver. Tea in half an hour.

By tea time the Walther whatever as returned to its drawer. Half a day and did not get a second invitation, wonder why?

Workplace Follies

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Now, that was an exciting work day!

Workplace Follies

Post 3

bobstafford

Its good to know that things like this don't interrupt tea and other important thingssmiley - tea

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for March 2019 Create Challenge: Workplace Follies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more