A Conversation for Picture Quiz: Useful Household Item

COM

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

It looks like an oil lamp, but looks can be deceiving.

It actually is a communications device, but only half of it. Lacking mobile phones and not having invented tin cans at the time, two of these were paired by a string for easy communication across a silent room... The pictogram shows the status of the other user.

COM

Post 2

a small pulley and bucket arrangement also enabled text messaging across the line

COM

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl I'm gobsmacked. That must be what it is.

COM

Post 4

Putting tension on the line and then quickly letting go will definitly smack the gob on the other end of the line...

COM

Post 5

Paigetheoracle

You guys are getting on my wick! You'd need to be an oily riser not to see what this is? I have a reputation for being hard baked but let's not go off on half-baked theories about this. Is this a lamp I see before me? Can't tell. Someone blew it out.

COM

Post 6

smiley - snork

COM

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Aw come'onsmiley - biggrinit's obviously the first ashtray for stubbing cigssmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

smiley - winkeye

COM

Post 8

You definitely don't want to take another pull after dipping your cigar in lamp oil... Unless you think eyebrows are so last century.

COM

Post 9

smiley - rofl

COM

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - ermthen again ? it could be a bidet for very small people smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post