A Conversation for Roger Lancelyn Green - Author

Peer Review: A87908566 - Roger Lancelyn Green - Author

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Entry: Roger Lancelyn Green - Author - A87908566
Author: SashaQ - happysad - Editor - U9936370

Here is an Entry about my favourite local author.

A87908566 - Roger Lancelyn Green - Author

Post 2

Bluebottle

I loved his Greek Myths and Tale of Troy when I was younger.

In 'Into Other Worlds' Roger Lancelyn Green suggested that Tolkien was often inspired by Edgar Rice Burroughs when writing 'The Lord of the Rings', particularly Shelob the spider, but personally I'm not convinced.

<BB<

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks for writing this, Sasha.

There seems to be a lot of interesting information in it, but I don't think it is well structured. You've hardly told us anything about the man before you start telling us about his wife's activities after he died, and about the tragic death of his son.

I think you should concentrate more on the man himself. When you've told us everything there is to say you can move on to stories about his family.

I couldn't find the River Dibbin on the maps - is it the West Float?

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Oh, I see that this Poulton isn't the same as the one in northern Birkenhead. So the River Dibbin is presumably the one marked on GoogleMaps as the Dibbinsdale Brook.

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks for reading, Gnomon smiley - biggrin

I've reordered things so I hope that reads better. I added a footnote on the River Dibbin - Wirral people seem to be in denial about the fact that the river silted up so it is only a brook these days smiley - laugh

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

That's better. smiley - ok

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - applause

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more