A Conversation for The Ultimate Illumination Entertainment Film Guide: 2010-2014

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A87899161 - The Ultimate Illumination Entertainment Film Guide: 2010-2014

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The Ultimate Illumination Entertainment Film Guide: 2010-2014 - A87899161
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

Awaiting availability in Peer Review.

<BB<

A87899161 - The Ultimate Illumination Entertainment Film Guide: 2010-2014

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

I'm pleased to see this Entry, and think it's a good idea for you to put this here rather than in Peer Review just yet as it still gives chance for reviews, and will hopefully mean the Entry gets a smooth ride through Peer Review in due course so that it can make its way into the Edited Guide promptly smiley - biggrin

The Chris Meledandri paragraph contains a lot of 'oversee's and I'm not sure I know what they all mean - might be possible to rephrase one or two...

" while the Mac Guff continues as an independent visual effects house" - 'the Mac Guff'?

Hop is a film I'd only vaguely heard of - sounds fascinating smiley - bunnysmiley - chicksmiley - bigeyes

There are a few typos that you might spot as it is a while since you first wrote this but if you would like me to give it a thorough readthrough to help the Sub-editor in due course, let me know smiley - biggrin

I enjoyed reading it today, as I have seen 50% of the films included in the Entry smiley - ok

A87899161 - The Ultimate Illumination Entertainment Film Guide: 2010-2014

Post 3

Bluebottle

I made a couple of tweaks but you're right, it could do with a polish and the opening is a bit weak.

I'm afraid you've just missed 'Hop' – it was on the telly a couple of weeks ago, on Easter Sunday I believe, but I don't think it is likely to be shown on TV again until Easter next year. It is okay but definitely their weakest film; there are much better animated films out there.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A87899161 - The Ultimate Illumination Entertainment Film Guide: 2010-2014

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more