A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

And Now, the News

Post 1

Bluebottle

This morning's national BBC Breakfast programme on BBC1 is coming from my workplace.

<BB<

And Now, the News

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - wow

And Now, the News

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Are they interviewing that turnip sculpture?

And Now, the News

Post 4

Bluebottle

Fortunately not – no, it's all politics. Of Southampton's three MPs, Romsey & Southampton North is considered a safe Tory seat, Southampton Test is a safe Labour and Southampton Itchen is classed as an 'Ultra-Marginal' with the Tories winning by 31 votes in the last General Election, having been Labour in the 2010 General Election and Conservative in the 2015 and 2017 General Elections. Solent University is bang in the middle of Southampton Itchen, so the question is who will win this year's General Election?

<BB<

And Now, the News

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I would think the turnip would be more interesting than the politicians.

And Now, the News

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I'd rather hear from the turnip...

And Now, the News

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Was the red spaceship thing on the programme? smiley - biggrinsmiley - ufo

And Now, the News

Post 8

Bluebottle

Yes, they were broadcasting from the Spark, the vast aircraft-hanger room with a 50-foot gurt big red barbecue in the middle. Some people call it a Martian War Machine from 'War of the Worlds'
smiley - spacesmiley - ufo
smiley - earth v smiley - mars
It is officially 'The Pod', but as it is the uni's second newest building smiley - prof and the pride and joy of those in charge. The BBC did the normal 'sitting on sofa' bits in front of the barbecue with it in the background, and did the cut away bits on top of the thing.
http://www.solent.ac.uk/conference-centre/venue-information/the-pod
They're so proud of the Spark Building they actually clean it! When they opened up the new buildings, dramatically increasing the uni's floorspace, they didn't increase the cleaning budget at all, so now the cleaners keep the new buildings clean and tidy and only smiley - run round here once every couple of months (just to pick up new dusters, judging from the amount of cleaning that actually gets done).

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post