A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

My Son and I Not Getting the Hang of Thursday

Post 1

Bluebottle

On Wednesday evening my son was ill so on Thursday I spent the day at home looking after him, which was quite inconvenient as some of the present resources smiley - gift for my wife's birthday, as well as the coloured paper I was planning on scissing in order to commemorate and celebrate the event was at work and I hadn't intended to leave behind there, assuming I'd be able to collect them from work on the Thursday and bring them home after work that day. Yet my wife's work's policy is very strict about not taking time off in term time, so when the children are ill outside the school holidays it is down to me to look after them.

Still, it is unusual that it is the day before my wife's birthday that my son was unwell, rather than – as is traditional – the day of her birthday itself.

<BB<

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Get well soon! smiley - cheerup And a belated happy birthday! smiley - jester

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Sorry to hear your son was ill, but that was good news that he was better by the time of your wife's birthday, for a change.

Glad your workplace is accommodating so you could care for him smiley - ok

I hope you didn't have too much trouble sorting all the smiley - gift logistics out on Friday.

Post 4

Bluebottle

Well, well enough to go back to school, he's still got a cough but other than that is back to his normal self again. As my wife had to work on Friday I was able to get to work and bring her resources to surprise her with in the evening, which worked out well in the end.

<BB<

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more