A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

And They Call It Puppet Love

Post 1

Bluebottle

At puppet practice we did almost all the second half of the show for the first time – and also had a stage erected in the room to give us an idea of how much room we'll have. Considering all the puppet changes we'll have to undertake during the performance, I'm not sure we'll have room for both puppets and people (and as the audience will have come to see puppets, of course the puppets will have priority).
We didn't quite finish rehearsing the second half as the sound system broke, but at least it gave us an idea. I also got to use my new puppet, Ray Sting, as a background character.

I should also mention that to costume most of the puppets we use is comparatively easy – we use toddler clothes. The most common puppet make we use have all their puppets the same size as a 2-3 year old child, while we have some other makes of puppets at home, so some of them are wearing clothes for children 18 months+. The difficulty is that toddler clothing these days tends not to look particularly Victorian.

<BB<

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

That is interesting that the puppets are proportioned like children. I hope it is relatively straightforward for you to make Victorian costumes for them - not quite as easy as putting a teatowel on a child's head to make shepherd headgear, but a fascinating challenge...

Post 3

Bluebottle

I personally won't be making Victorian costumes – that's not really my forte, I'm afraid. Although I did indeed have an idea involving tea towels on heads, but that was a drawn idea rather than puppet-based...

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more