A Conversation for Post Quiz: Unedifying Plotlines - Answers

Children's Author Quiz

Post 1

Bluebottle

I got 9/10 (didn't get smiley - cat in hat and guessed 'The Tiger who Came to smiley - tea' instead)

<BB<

Children's Author Quiz

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl I don't know that one.

Children's Author Quiz

Post 3

Bluebottle

It's a charmingly simple tale for young children written by Judith Kerr in 1968 that a quick google search tells me has surprisingly been adapted into a musical: http://tigerstealive.com/

Imagine how surprised you are that I've not read any Dr Seuss and that is as surprised I am that you've not heard of 'The Tiger that Came to Tea'.

<BB<

Children's Author Quiz

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl The clue might be in 'came to tea'. This is the US, and even in tea-drinking Pittsburgh, nobody 'comes to tea'. I just read about the story: interesting, the background of the author.

But good for you in avoiding Dr Seuss. My first public spoken-word performance was authored by that gentleman. Third-grade, school talent show, 'Marco Comes Late'. My mom's idea. smiley - rolleyes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Post Quiz: Unedifying Plotlines - Answers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more