A Conversation for Sky Over the Exe Estuary

Clouds

Post 61

FWR

Ah the deepsea whisper filter won't fit in the hot shoe without adjustable bellows....and it makes the viewfinder go all bluey green, not good for that warming effect...which are real...can you whisper underwater anyway..unless you're a whale maybe...you're not related to a whale are you mrs W?

Writing collaborative entries is cool as you always get a few different takes on somethings you have only seen from one side for ages.wedding photography threw up a lot of different ideas ..like if a six turned out to be nine...smiley - run

Clouds

Post 62

bobstafford

CC if you want to upgrade your camera there are some bargains in 5 to 6 years old.
Expensive cameras will have been looked after and used by fussy people, so explore this option and save 2/3 of the price or more.

The same goes for lenses and other pricey kit the only exception is flash systems by new.

Now if you like fiddling about experimenting with filters whet will keep you out of mischief for hours!
I recommend the Kookiness type as they fit any lens "with an adapter ring" or careful use of blue tack (ask for instructions if you do you must keep the blue tack off the lens), there is a way.

smiley - smiley

Clouds

Post 63

cactuscafe

smiley - roflsmiley - rofl Mr FWR, you are a mad arteeeest.

Ah, the warm photo effect! I do know that in fact. It changes the blue cold light of a picture to a wonderful golden warmglow.

smiley - fish

Well, funnily enough my grandmother always told me that her great grandfather came from whales.

So I see all whales as my people.

Well, not people in fact, more like my fish. smiley - dolphin Or my mammals. Is a whale a fish or a mammal?

No, not dolphins, smiley - dolphin, whales.

I wonder did she mean Wales? Ah, she was saying Wales!

This is all totally irrelevant to photography. I do love that dolphin smiley though. smiley - dolphin

That would be an amazing photo wouldn't it? Dolphins! I remember them following the ferry in the Aegean, whilst sailing to the Greek islands, but I didn't have a camera then.

(redeems the topic) smiley - offtopic

Collaborative entries! Amazing. Put a few minds together, magic happens.

Clouds

Post 64

FWR

The dolphins on my personal page appear in the hitchhikers film.. Very nice they were too x

Clouds

Post 65

cactuscafe

Hullo Bob! That's really good advice about camera upgrading! Thanks!

smiley - dolphin The dolphin will have to shapeshift to a camera smiley.

I'd love to get my hands on some fancy filters, no doubt, I'd get addicted.

Trouble is, I do love a compact camera. So convenient for shoving in my bike bag, and handbag.

I might explore really fancy compacts.

Can you get any add on filters for compacts? Now that would be a dream.

Blue tack??? No, I'm not fixing anything onto my beloved Lumix with blue tack.

What if you're standing on a cliff, photographing the view, or a rare seabird, and the blue tack decides to give out, and several hundred quids worth of camera falls off over the edge?

Hang on, methinks you're having me on about the blue tack, like Mr WhisperFilter. smiley - rofl

Hurrumph

smiley - redwine Slurp. Considers.

The thing about the gorgeous large cameras with lots of lenses and things is how do you take a spontaneous shot? By the time I'd changed all the fittings, and set all the settings, my subject would have long ago galloped off, to make a new life in the mountains.

smiley - redwine

I just saw Photo Site in my messages! I wonder are any of you lot involved?

Clouds

Post 66

cactuscafe

Oh loveliness, FWR! I just checked your dophins and white mouse h2g2 logo on your personal page! That is so amazing!

So you saw the dolphins in Tenerife? Beautiful.

I've never seen the Hitchhikers film. I hadn't even read the books when I first joined the site, years ago. I wondered what everyone was on about, didn't understand any of the references. smiley - roflsmiley - rofl.

Someone from a writing group told me about h2g2 because they thought my writing was so eccentric it would find a home here. smiley - rofl.

Read the books now though, and I'm currently reading the first Dirk Gently book again.

Clouds

Post 67

bobstafford

I have tried a sharpening site if you what to check it out, it just has odds and ends to get it started buy you might find interesting enough to start one yourself smiley - smiley
http://bobstafford.simplesite.com/

Clouds

Post 68

bobstafford

I have tried a sharpening site sharing site recommended on this thread its quite good and free smiley - smiley

Clouds

Post 69

bobstafford

I think that was me asking your opinion on a prototype I had created so photoists can give it a look and decide if it is good enough for sharing images

Clouds

Post 70

cactuscafe

Wow! Nice sharing site, Bob!

Some nice pics in there! Love the parcel from Canada. awwww.

Will check it out further.

So now, you can refer to this if you want to show us a picture. That's pretty cool. smiley - cool. I like!!!

Clouds

Post 71

bobstafford

The little cat is from Montreal Canada she was picked from a local cat rescue.
One of the best cat I have ever met

Clouds

Post 72

bobstafford

PS its ever so easy looking forward to seeing your sitesmiley - winkeye

Clouds

Post 73

bobstafford

We need to be able to share so we can develop a community, and we can post comments on the site and H2G2 Eds have access to the site.

This will all enable free exchange between all interested users and hopefully add a lot of interest if a photo community gets started. smiley - smiley

Clouds

Post 74

bobstafford

As per excellent idea

A87897172 Landscape Photography- Hints and Tips From the H2G2 Photographers

The thread is now open for hints and tips do not forget advice upon the use of filters, Round, square (eg Kokin) and paint shop programs
Looking forward to the ideas.

We will copy the format of A87878795

smiley - smiley

Clouds

Post 75

bobstafford

As per excellent idea MK2

A87897181 Flash Photography- Hints and Tips From the H2G2 Photographers

The thread is now open for hints and tips do not forget advice upon the use of filters, and paint shop programs
We will copy the format of A87878795

Clouds

Post 76

cactuscafe

Morning all! Holymoly! You've been busy, Bob!! Excellent!

I'll think about a share site, but it might take me a while, because of internet shyness, and I don't know how to do it!

I love yours though, great to see your pics! I'll check it all the time, now!

How does copyright work on these things? Can anyone look at it, or do you invite people?

Not that my work is so amazing that anyone will want to steal it, but can anyone from the entire planet go off with an image, use it in an ad for toothpaste or something and make a fortune?

Sending pics to Dmitri at smiley - thepost is my loyalty, my priority, my allegiance, because its a context I have trusted for so many years, and no toothpaste ad will be involved. smiley - rofl.

(cue a wisecrack from one of you) smiley - rofl

However, we're talking about a share site here. Hmm, well, leave it with me.

Anyway, its so great you're getting the Guide Entries together also!! You're great, Bob! Thanks!

Clouds

Post 77

SashaQ - happysad

Hello cc smiley - biggrin

"By the time I'd changed all the fittings, and set all the settings, my subject would have long ago galloped off, to make a new life in the mountains."

smiley - laugh Indeed smiley - ok Depends what you want photos for, too - the images from your phone might not be as rich as those from an expensive camera, but they are just perfect for h2g2 and I'm glad you shared this one with us smiley - biggrin

I wondered if I wanted a 'gorgeous large camera with lots of lenses and things' to replace my current Bridge Camera (pictured here A87864330 ) that is starting to struggle, but I do need something that isn't too hard to carry, so I'm thinking of getting a more modern Bridge Camera instead - Lumix has been recommended elsewhere as well, but there are quite a few others to investigate... Compact cameras have improved over the years as well, with more options than they used to have smiley - ok

Glad you enjoyed the h2g2 Photographers Entry smiley - biggrin

Clouds

Post 78

bobstafford

Good advice that!

I like the Fuji cameras, the Minola was my preference XD7 excellent then they closed the factory.

So I use now a Fuji bridge, and a pre owned Olympus SLR for various lenses (the ones for the Minolta XD7 with adapters. Saves lots of cash and works fine) but you dont get auto focus you have to use them manually.
For special occasions a Bronica medium format with traditional slide film.

A carefully chosen used camera (from a Local dealer who offers a warranty) is a good idea and is a significant saving.

Everyone has favorite camera brand there is no right or wrong camera its just how you feel.

smiley - smiley

Clouds

Post 79

bobstafford

I'll think about a share site, I don't know how to do it!

The site I picked has been used by the H2G2 Eds because of that a site we are all familiar with would be much easier. I gave it a try and its easy to work, with a little practice.

How does copyright work on these things, common law intellectual property I suppose. I am sure someone will know and join the conversation.
Can anyone look at it yes, and you do invite people?

"Can anyone from the entire planet go off with an image, use it in an ad for toothpaste or something and make a fortune?" We could ask the site I suppose.

"Sending pics to Dmitri at the post is my loyalty, my priority, my allegiance, well that will continue" its only your gallery for friends.

(cue a wisecrack from one of you) rofl

"However, we're talking about a share site here. Hmm, well, leave it with me". Look forward to your decision.smiley - cheers

Clouds

Post 80

bobstafford

CC a few ideas to share

https://v4.simplesite.com/#/pages/437099094?editmode=true#section_15b603a9-96d0-4140-a82a-2a207573c492

Key: Complain about this post