A Conversation for Austrian open-air museum Stübing

Peer Review: A87892627 - Austrian open-air museum Stübing

Post 1

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Entry: Austrian open-air museum Stübing - A87892627
Author: Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor - U1314679

This is one of my favourite museums. I've been there multiple times since I was a child. The last time I was there was about 4 years ago and our dog loved the water. It seems they added some new stuff since then so I hope I covered everything.

A87892627 - Austrian open-air museum Stübing

Post 2

bobstafford

Well done Tav good work an interesting entrysmiley - biggrin

Just for information there is one in southern England you might be interested in, The Weald and Downland Living Museum www.wealddown.co.uk

Post 3

smiley - cheers Thanks bob!

Post 4

You can call me TC

As you say, there are several museums like this all over Europe. The one nearest us is the Ecomusée d'Alsace - according to Wiki it has 74 buildings and is 15 hectares, so it's much smaller. But it only covers Alsace, not the whole of France. I have fond memories of visiting it.

I've never been to Styria, but I shall remember this if I ever do.

Perhaps you could add some details regarding accessibility, as the pathway is not paved. (You could try it with a pushchair!), necessary footwear, if relevant. Parking, etc.

Post 5

I love museums like that. smiley - smiley I think the one you mention doesn't have to be larger because it obviously is layed out like a single village, while Stübing - as you say - shows stuff from various places and they do not want the different farms to look like they are connected.

Thanks TC! I added some more information.smiley - smiley

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

I like this Entry - you give a really good sense of what the site looks like and how visitors can experience it smiley - ok Good idea to include links to the other open air museums too smiley - ok

I appreciate the mention of wheelchair accessibility smiley - ok I presume the modern museum building is accessible, though? Is there a charge to enter the site, or do they rely on donations?

smiley - ok

Post 7

Thanks Sasha!

I added something about entry fees but I'm afraid I can't remember at all wether the museum is accessible or not. smiley - erm

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks Tav

I had a look at the museum website, but it wasn't helpful, sadly - I see there is a café, but unlike the websites for museums I've been to in the UK, it doesn't specify that there are any toilets, never mind anything else!

Post 9

Yes, I also noticed that. It's no better in German, just in case you wondered. They have clearly not arrived in the Century of the Fruitbat yet.It's difficult to gather any information at all from that website.

I'm pretty sure there are toilets at the entrance and there are also some next to the footpath. I would guess that they also included some in the inn, but I have not seen that finished yet.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 11

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - applausesmiley - bubbly Interesting entry. We always enjoyed these types of museums in Europe.

Post 12

You can call me TC

Maybe we should have a meet there?

Post 13

Thank you! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post