A Conversation for Digital Photography - Photography Hints and Tips From The H2G2 Photographers

A87849904 - Digital Photography - Photography Hints and Tips From The H2G2 Photographers

Post 21

bobstafford

Thanks BB moved as suggested smiley - ok

A87849904 - Digital Photography - Photography Hints and Tips From The H2G2 Photographers

Post 22

Gnomon - time to move on

You have "stepping" at one point, and I think you mean "stopping". Check this.

Post 23

bobstafford

Checked and altered thakssmiley - ok

Post 24

Bluebottle

Page Turner:
Entry: Digital Photography - Photography Hints and Tips From The H2G2 Photographers - A87849904
Author: bobstafford - U3151547

I don't know if you'd spotted that your Digital Camera links are to the unedited versions?
The Edited versions to link to are:
A87864321 Digital Cameras - the Digital Pocket Camera
A87864330 Digital Cameras - the Bridge Camera
A87864349 Digital Cameras - the Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera (DSLR)
A87873466 Digital Camera Lenses

<BB<

Post 25

bobstafford

Thanks It will be taken care of smiley - ok

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 26

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 27

Bluebottle

smiley - applause Well done Bob, Smudger879n, Florida smiley - dolphin Sailor, MMF, Tavaron da Quirm & FWR!smiley - bubbly

<BB<

Post 28

bobstafford

smiley - biggrin excellent smiley - laugh

Post 29

h2g2 Guide Editors

Hello everyone smiley - biggrin

This Entry is being sub-edited now and the new version is A87878795 so please subscribe to be notified of new conversations about the Entry.

I had a few queries and hope you can help.

Can you provide brief definitions of a few words, please?

f-stop
vignetting
hot shoe
bluets
Creatinator
u/s

I also wondered what it means to have a "fast" memory card. Does the memory card make much difference, or is it the speed of the camera that determines how many photos you can take per second?

Thank you smiley - biggrinsmiley - cake

Post 30

FWR

the "creatinator" was an illustration for January Create 2015

https://h2g2.com/entry/A87844729

smiley - cheers
FWR

Post 31

bobstafford

f-stop - a lens dose 2 jobs 1) it adjusts focuses and 2) it adjusts the lens aperture to control the amount of light entering the camera and the depth of the in focus area in the photograph.
This will enplane (http://www.techradar.com/how-to/photography-video-capture/cameras/free-f-stop-chart-master-your-aperture-1320792).

vignetting -Vignetting is a gradual fall off of brightness of a photograph around the edges The further from the middle of the image the more apparent it becomes photograph.

hot shoe - generally found on the top of a camera viewfinder to enable the mounting of a flash unit 2 slide strips and 2 silver dots the electrical connect the flash.

bluets

Post 32

bobstafford

Bluets Blue tac or something similar depending on where you live

Post 33

h2g2 Guide Editors

Thanks both - I've made tweaks accordingly smiley - cheers

SQ for the Eds

Post 34

FWR

Just reread this and there's still a duplicate paragraph.

As photographers, we are now faced with a new dilemma, how to store thousands of digital images safely and securely. No more bits of paper and cellulose but something a lot trickier because you can't physically put them in a box in the loft!

smiley - cheers

Post 35

bobstafford

Storage sites Google Panoramio has closed and has been combined with Google maps and Google +

Needs amendment

Post 36

bobstafford

Any more questions smiley - smiley

Post 37

h2g2 Guide Editors

Thanks both - I've made more tweaks

Why do you recommend keeping a small torch in your camera bag?

I wondered if the Wedding Photography section might work better as a standalone Entry that can be linked to in the end section - no problem if not, but I'd be interested to know what you think

smiley - cheers

Post 38

bobstafford

An explanation is needed
Some of us go out at night and its a bugger to find a lens cap if you drop it in the dark,
change the lens,
see the focus numbers on the lens,
change a memory card or a roll of film.

That and doing other stuff in the dark type reasons. smiley - ok

smiley - biggrin

Post 39

bobstafford

Wedding Photography section might work better as a standalone Entry.

Agreed have you got an original copy this was the work of a few and it would be very important to credit those who wrote/contributed to it, that's why originally each section was attributed to its author.

I came up with the idea to get people published without having to write a full eatery, I was pleased with the support it became a pleasure to write it. So if its OK with you make sure everyone gets the pat on the back they deserve, that was one of the main reasons for the entries existence.

PS Thanks for the excellent editing and the excellent second opinions.

smiley - ok

Post 40

h2g2 Guide Editors

Thanks bob - I've added in that information, and separated the Wedding Photography out into a new Entry A87886255

If you've got any more comments, let me know, and then I'll move both Entries to the next stage smiley - ok

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Digital Photography - Photography Hints and Tips From The H2G2 Photographers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more