A Conversation for American Television Reinventions: Reality

Peer Review: A87847564 - American Television Reinventions: Reality

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: American Television Reinventions: Reality - A87847564
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

Part of a Flea Market Rescue Project based on:
A1067339 - The world of American Television reinventions
A1149383 - American Television Reinventions - Part 1 (Comedy and Drama)
A1158095 - American Television Reinventions - Part 2 (Gameshows)

By U226013 - Ecnal Silyab

Assisted by U235886 - Florida Sailor

<BB<

A87847564 - American Television Reinventions: Reality

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

The Big Brother paragraph is also in Gameshows, I think, so I presume it is meant to be just here rather than in both?

The Pawn Stars paragraph doesn't seem to fit in as it sounds like a UK reinvention of a US show...

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Ah - I'm posting slightly random things this evening - it posted before I had chance to add that this is an interesting summary of programmes I mostly haven't seen smiley - ok

Post 4

Bluebottle

Good points there – I've tweaked the 'Pawn Stars' programme bit so hopefully it flows into that section a bit more, and you're right, 'Big Brother' should only appear in this entry and not both.

But do not forget – Big Brother is watching you – always.smiley - bigeyes

<BB<

Post 5

Bluebottle

Happy Birthday!
This entry has been in Peer Review a year today!

<BB<

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - bigeyes

The intro to this could be tightened up, too - needs to focus in on America more to explain the title.

Also I see later that there is a focus on shows that originated in the UK, so you could perhaps mention that in the introduction too.

It was a bit funny to mention cooking shows before discussing Big Brother! That paragraph could be moved into a section of its own.

In the Antiques Roadshow section, the first paragraph could be clearer there that "the country" is the UK.

Paige Davis presented Trading Spaces, not Changing Rooms?

smiley - ok

Post 7

Bluebottle

Tweaked so hopefully the introduction is stronger and the Cooking Shows have their own section.

<BB<

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseWell done Ecnal Silyab, and Florida smiley - dolphin Sailor!

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for American Television Reinventions: Reality

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more