A Conversation for The Monastery of the Order of the Towel

The Refectory

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

The Monastery's Refectory is a spacious, well-lit room with large arched windows and an ample number of heavy wooden refectory tables in it.

Asteroid Lil sits at one of the tables, tucking into a nice thick entrecote steak, medium rare, with a mushroom gravy and fresh asparagus and a baked potato. And a nice beaujolais to go with that smiley - redwine

The Refectory

Post 2

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*actually drooling in real life* smiley - drool

Nom nom nom. Delicious. Will you have a glass of beauj? smiley - redwine

The real lunch today was barbeque-sauce flavored meat loaf, half a baked potato, and some shriveled peas. There was a gravy on the meat loaf that was badly overseasoned with rosemary. And tinned pears for dessert.

I ate all of the potato except for the part that was black. smiley - sadface

*savors the steak* Mmm, I do believe there's a touch of burgundy in the gravy... smiley - smiley

The Refectory

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Conyac I think actually (in teh gravy) smiley - droolsmiley - blush

Wish I just could wisk myself over to you there... or you to here.... and cook you some breakfasts... and fresh bread.... and decent meals in RL! smiley - grovel

I could do with somne here mind, to cook me breakfast in the morning... as I'll likely be in a mad panic and rush, trying to get ready in time to go off out, and then to the train for heading on up to the Manchester meet smiley - puffsmiley - sleepy I've still not finished packing!; e every time I think I have... I find or remember something I've forgotten smiley - snorksmiley - doh bet I've forgetten soemthing really* important... like... dunno... i think If I knew then I'd have packed it, I guess smiley - laughsmiley - dohsmiley - boing

The Refectory

Post 4

KB

The asparagus would go better with some of those new potatoes...and a sliver of raw meat, I am trying not to.

The Refectory

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks Lil - I shall indeed join you for a glass of beauj smiley - redwinesmiley - biggrin

Asparagus and New Potatoes - delicious and so fresh at this time of year smiley - biggrin

The Refectory

Post 6

OOO asparagus smiley - drool not had any in ages smiley - dohsmiley - run

The Refectory

Post 7

towelshop

*walks into the Refectory starts to smiley - drool as the smell of food hits her*

The Refectory

Post 8

MMMMMM! smells good... I wonder what it is? smiley - drool MMMM.... I think it smells like a soup or a stew.... smiley - drool

The Refectory

Post 9

towelshop

It's Irish Stew

*promptly slaps the smiley - handcuffs on 2 legs*

Now I've got you bang to rights smiley - winkeye

The Refectory

Post 10

but! but! If I'm handcuffed.... how can I go get the bread I just made, to go with the stewe? smiley - evilgrin < smiley - whistle

The Refectory

Post 11

towelshop

ummmmmm

Is it french bread?

The Refectory

Post 12

Hoh yus! smiley - drool my new extended recipie.... 100 hours start to finish, with over-night preferments, autolysing and cold fermentation! they're... the best! smiley - droolsmiley - chef only problem is.... they stay fresh for like two hours once they're made smiley - laughsmiley - chef

The Refectory

Post 13

towelshop

Oh now I'm in a dilemma

Enjoy a lovely bit of French bread and stew and thus releasing the chaos that is 2 legs upon the world.

Or starve to death whilst being smiley - handcuffs to 2 legs.

smiley - erm

Gimme the bread smiley - drool

The Refectory

Post 14

correct choice! smiley - laughsmiley - run s off to go get the bread from the bakery smiley - runsmiley - chef

The Refectory

Post 15

KB

"Man can not live on bread alone...

But he'll have to learn to, cos it takes 100 hours to bake and he'll have no time to make anything else."

Gospel of Ozymandius, Ch. IX vs II

The Refectory

Post 16

ahh... but lots of time to cook all manner of otter things; it may take 100 hours, but most of that time, is letting the zen-magic happen, to the dough left to sort of its own devices smiley - zen Long ferment time, gives loads of time to cook things whilst waiting smiley - biggrinsmiley - zen

The Refectory

Post 17

towelshop

Do the otters know you're going to cook them or their things? smiley - erm

The Refectory

Post 18

The otters know everything..... That's why they're so dangerous.... and, afterall, there is an entire wing of the secret services, devoted to trying to find out the everything that the otters know smiley - zen err.... or so my grandmother told me... smiley - snorksmiley - silly

The Refectory

Post 19

towelshop

smiley - erm

smiley - biggrin more bread please vicar!

The Refectory

Post 20

smiley - magic as luck would have it... and just out of the oven.... watch out they're still hot.... smiley - zen we've got... baguettes.... garlic bread/baguettes.... some onion and poppy seed large loaf (with herbs) smiley - zen and multigrain and wholewheet rolls smiley - zen Spaghetti bolognese coming up on the menu later too smiley - drool I hope everyone likes garlic.... smiley - laughsmiley - vampire

Key: Complain about this post