A Conversation for Manchester Meet 7th June 2014

The Main Event - I'm Coming!!!

Post 141

Phil

I suppose I'd better mention that I'll be there at some point later in the afternoon. I've agreed to go to a meeting elsewhere in Manchester and will join y'all at Kro

Post 142

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - boingsmiley - discosmiley - boingsmiley - discosmiley - boingsmiley - towelsmiley - zen

Post 143

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

So the day's events start at 1 PM-ish? Or is the time the bar is reserved not fully correlated to the other stuff happening?
Also, I never got until now that Kro is a Swedish-style bar. I just thought it was a trendy-style bar.

Post 144

Pastey

About 1pm is right smiley - smiley

Post 145

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Hmm... http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/480038/Shock-UK-weather-warning-Tornadoes-hail-thunderstorms-and-lightning-to-ravage-Britain

Anyone set much store by the Express' weather reporting?

Post 146

Bald Bloke

Lets see

Previous express forecasts

Record heatwave = wettest summer in years

Big Freeze = We all nearly drowned.

I think I rate them about Minus 10

Post 147

Bald Bloke

And lets have a look at a different forcast
http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Post 148

OH nos... I best pack a sunhat then... smiley - zensmiley - winkeye

Post 149

Pastey

It's Manchester, whatever the weather in the morning, it'll be different in the evening smiley - winkeye

Post 150

It'll rain. mark my words, mark my words, it'll rain, it is Manchester, and there will be rain smiley - zen for as sure as teh badger rises in the evening, and sets in the morning, for as sure as the hoover moves across the dusty carpet at night, for as sure as the fish fly south for the winter, there will be rain in Manchester, or hell will freeze over, and costa coffee will serve something drinkible, or the meet will be 'dry'.... which is, of course, to say, really really really, rather unlikely... smiley - zensmiley - cdouble damnit, if I don't get to have a beer soon, I'll start making sense smiley - wah

Post 151

Hati

By the looks of it I must pack all my clothes and shoes. And a boat.

Post 152

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - smiley Hippos can swim smiley - biggrin you all get in a boat .. I'll swim back to the airport .. or further smiley - biggrin

Post 153

I was concentrating so hard on not forgetting to pack somethign important... that I entirely forgot to take my drugs... smiley - doh or, stick useful things like hotel address and phone number into my mobile smiley - snork gave up tryign to make my phone display a TXT file of the train times properly, so I gave up and just memorised them... ya know... all this bleedin 'technology', its so easy to forget that I can just comitt stuff to memory if I need to smiley - snork I think* my 'software' still works for such restricted little snippets of information smiley - snork err... if not I'm sure I can look it up whilst* I'm on the train smiley - laughsmiley - zen right... sure I've forgotten to pack soemthing... smiley - ermsmiley - alienfrown mp3 player and headphones smiley - dohsmiley - run

Post 154

Secretly Not Here Any More

All this fretting, you think this was an expedition to the nether reaches of the rainforest.

It's Manchester. If it rains, get damp. If it's not raining, get suspicious.

Post 155

Bald Bloke

If the sun is shining...
It's just trying to trick you into leaving your waterproofs at home...
Then you get soaked

Post 156

The sun is out in Cambridge! and so, despite evidence to th contry, and experience of having lived in manchester. I'm gona get dressed like I'm going for a day at the beach and sun bathing... smiley - winkeyesmiley - snork best pack an umbrella... smiley - laughsmiley - zen Must try round up the chinchillas, badgers and dwarves to pack for the journey.

Post 157

Baron Grim

I've been meandering around the City Centre and so far there has just been some light sprinkling. I'm still waiting to check in to the hotel. I've been having a smiley - devil of a time trying to connect to any free WiFi connections but just finally managed it.

Post 158

Having ummed and ahhed for a week or so (I've not been in fine fettle), I've decided I'll be out for at least an hour or so on Saturday. Especially if I can get her indoors to give us a lift.

Can't have the people of Hootoo thinking Mancs (and plastic Mancs like Pastey) are all there is.

Post 159

Bald Bloke

Well we are in Port Street Now

Post 160

I'm in The Moorings in Boothstown. Nick a barge, head down the Bridgewater towards Leigh and with some luck with the locks you'll be here by kicking out time.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more