This is the Message Centre for FWR

Sunrise and spaceships

Post 21

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - ok More work for Tuesday!

Sunrise and spaceships

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Now that the discussion is as good as wrapped up, I can contribute some ice-skating tales without seriously hijacking the thread. When I was in elementary school, a girl in my class (her name was Carol) practiced ice skating early in the morning every day. I think her mother hoped she would someday qualify for the Olympics. That never happened, but she always seemed perfectly well-adjusted to me.

Sunrise and spaceships

Post 23

FWR

My wife and youngest daughter are skaters, I'm terrified of going on the slippy stuff, must be the biker in me!

Sunrise and spaceships

Post 24

I am a very clumsy ice skater. I much prefer roller skates - and I don't mean roller blades. smiley - laugh

Sunrise and spaceships

Post 25

I think it's very sensible to minimize the risk of falling on the ice and hurting yourself. People with considerable ice-skating skill can goo n the ice and do fine. The rest of us can put prudence ahead of adventure. smiley - smiley

I'm with you, Dmitri. I was never much good at alpine skiing either, but cross-country skiing was something I was okay at. I never trusted my sense of balance.

Sunrise and spaceships

Post 26

Oh, and the wind is trying to blow us all away. There was a tweet: 'It's 3 pm. Pittsburgh, do you know where your trash cans are?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTsHNGpdvGs

Sunrise and spaceships

Post 27

When you post a video titled "restless wind," I would assume that the musical accompaniment would lack rests....

My mind jumps to such assumptions, of course. smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for FWR

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more