This is the Message Centre for FWR

choices, choices?

Post 1

FWR

A Yorkshire man and a Russian on the ISS or finish off the mystical bikers of the future?

choices, choices?

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yorkshire pudding or caviar and sour cream on blintzes?

choices, choices?

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I wonder if they've ever had Yorkshire pudding aboard the ISS? smiley - bigeyes

I'd be for both stories. smiley - winkeye But I should talk: my latest project has gotten stalled due to length....it's definitely serialisation time. And the research. smiley - headhurts Sasha and Tavaron are helping...

choices, choices?

Post 4

So......

I didn't realize that the ISS was some kind of space station. smiley - blush

Dmitri, I'm planning my NaJoPoMo as we speak. It will be very evil -- be afraid, be very afraid -- all about the long, sad history of Cursedmas. Lucifer got his revenge on Jesus for not letting himself be tempted in the desert. There's a *reason* why many good people distrust Christmas. smiley - evilgrin

But I'm indulging in topic drift, one of my ba dhabits. smiley - blush

smiley - run

choices, choices?

Post 5

That statement about the ISS may end up in smiley - thepost....smiley - evilgrin

Warning, Paul: The Post won't run your story this year unless you GuideML it yourself. smiley - winkeye There's a limit to how much one Editor can do.

Also, and I will say this now: Anybody who wants their NaJo linked to in November will have to provide at least a main page in a linkable A-space. No exceptions. I will be glad to provide tech help, if asked. smiley - angel

As my sister tells the grandkids, 'It's a rule.'

choices, choices?

Post 6

We will know by late November just how far I can go to accommodate the rules. I write because I can't not write. I am under no illusions about the importance of what I write, though.

George Burns used to say that he performed because there was something inside him that had to come out. If you had it in you, you'd want it out too...

choices, choices?

Post 7

smiley - rofl

That's fine. smiley - laugh Nobody has to accommodate the rules - but I'm just letting you know what I can and can't do this year, to avoid disappointment later.

choices, choices?

Post 8

Dmitri, I wouldn't be disappointed if my story wasn't in the Post. I'm my own worst critic. Some of my past years' NaJoPoMo entries weren't good enough for mass consumption. The Blemnox stuff was deliberately (and satirically) bad. But there have been times when I was trying to make a creditable effort and still didn't get very high up the quality ladder.

But they were fun to write, and if my humble readers approached them in the right spirit, perhaps they had some fun.

If you want to accomplish anything, you need to be willing to fall on your face. Take risks, explore outside your comfort zone.

choices, choices?

Post 9

FWR

"It's a rule"

Bikers it is then! smiley - smiley

choices, choices?

Post 10

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post