A Conversation for The Lounge

Lost post, not last post

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

When I lost a couple of posts, Dmitri suggested I use the back spacer. I would like to add to that advice by pointing out that you press the review button, if you post starts to go blurry as it means you will lose the post altogether if you don't. He might have mentioned this to me already but if not, this is my small addition to the problem.

Lost post, not last post

Post 2

Baron Grim

When I remember to do so, I try to select all of my text and copy it before hitting either post or preview.

The trick is remembering.

Lost post, not last post

Post 3

Paigetheoracle

I have done this in the past but not here. I usually find I get too excited, reacting to posts or having a plethora of material to write / react to

Lost post, not last post

Post 4

Recumbentman

It's the old student experience: no save, no essay.

"O cruel fate, why mockest thou me so?"

Lost post, not last post

Post 5

Baron Grim

Heh... way back in the early days of desktop computers (prePentium/486) I bought a game based on Frederick Pohl's Gateway SciFi series. These were the days when one would actually read the user manual before playing a game because, well, you kinda had to to know what to do.

At the bottom of page 7 of the booklet were, quite incongruously, in extra large bold text, the words "JESUS SAVES!"

On the top of page 8 it continued, "And so do the Disciples when playing this game. Save your game progress often."

LoL smiley - laughsmiley - rofl

Lost post, not last post

Post 6

Recumbentman

Wow, memories! I ran a music school in the 90s using Works 3 on a Dell 386. Spent the summer before we opened teaching myself to use spreadsheets to do the accounts and payroll and keep student records, and the word processor to do the correspondence. Lovely program. It did my tax analysis too, and I never had to consult my accountant.

Lost post, not last post

Post 7

Recumbentman

The 386 ran at 20MHz. This Mac runs at 3GHz. What's that, 150 times faster?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more