A Conversation for The Lounge

Entry level question

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

Has anyone here never attempted to write an Entry and of those of you who did, what amount of attempts got through (4 out of 5? 2 out of 3? etc).

I have had one accepted after revision, out of five. One of these I think, might have been able to save with effort, the others I realised, couldn't and the approach wasn't appropriate for an Entry. Too much got in the way, including a lot of bad news, family wise (brother and cousin's daughter needing serious operations / health problems on my wife's side, including her eldest sister dying at the start of this year, after a long illness). We are now moving home, so things are still far from stable but at least more positive.

Entry level question

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I have a habit of working hard on an entry,only to put it aside because it seems like more work than I can face to get it through peer review, etc.

This eventually got easier for me when I started writing entries that were culinary recipes.

Entry level question

Post 3

Paigetheoracle

I bet they were just eaten up by whoever read them

Entry level question

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - groan

smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more