A Conversation for The Lounge

Resin casting question

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

I produce plastic eggs with a clear front that contain other plastic items. Is there a cover I can put on the back of one half, so that it holds down these items and stop them floating to the surface? Would cling film or glass work, or would they stick to the resin?

Likewise, if I didn't use resin, what other clear substance could I use to fill the eggs instead? I know the Alien Eggs that I buy locally come with a soft, clear, jelly substance inside but I don't know if it is clear enough for my purposes.

Any help appreciated

Resin casting question

Post 2

Recumbentman

Can't quite picture your quandary.

Resin casting question

Post 3

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

These inner plastic bits - can you attach something to them, to give them a little weight?

Resin casting question

Post 4

Paigetheoracle

Yes my finger. No but seriously, I think I could try gluing them down, then putting the resin on top (new idea that just occurred to me).

Resin casting question

Post 5

bobstafford

Hows it going have you solved the problemsmiley - smiley

Resin casting question

Post 6

Paigetheoracle

I have got two possibilities, one sounding better than the other but experiment will tell (sorry for tardy reply - been away and that is not a euphemism for spending a few weeks in prison)

Resin casting question

Post 7

ITIWBS

smiley - smileyGood to see you back!smiley - biggrin

Resin casting question

Post 8

bobstafford

Second that good to see you

A recommended link page from a modeler

https://www.google.fr/search?q=cLEAR+RESIN+TO+ENCLOSE+SMALL+ITEMS&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia_PqV-fzdAhUOWhoKHadjBv0Q_AUIDygC&biw=1278&bih=638

There is quite a choice on this page.

Resin casting question

Post 9

Paigetheoracle

Thanks for the link. Been away seeing relatives in East Anglia (No, none of them called Einstein). One of the choices I made turned out A) not to be clear and B) went solid within a day of opening. I have some ultra violet glue to try and have also sent for a viscous form of superglue. If neither of these turn out to be what I really need, will use the link check out other alternatives

Resin casting question

Post 10

bobstafford

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post