A Conversation for The Lounge

Dream themes

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

Do others out there have recurring dream themes? I have one of always being on the outskirts of university life, which maybe down to the fact I once lived and worked in Cambridge but never studied there and also I am always trying to figure out how human mechanics work (see Journal entries for Aphorisms).

Another theme is trying to find a toilet, which wakes me up, needing one (old age and bladder control).

Dream themes

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I have a recurring theme in which my living room floor has accumulated so much dirt over the years that a meadow has taken root there, complete with flowers and soft grass and moss. Quite av treat! There are also trees growing out of the deepest pockets of dirt, and some of them are poking through the ceiling. That part is worrisome. smiley - yikes

Dream themes

Post 3

ITIWBS

Sounds like my livng room.

I have recurring dreams about being lost behind enemy lines in an enemy military encampment.

Dream themes

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

I know what you mean about the toilet dreams - I have them fairly often, related as much to anxiety as about bladder control...

I usually find a toilet but then discover that there is no privacy (open windows, low walls or suchlike) so I can't go (thankfully!) smiley - laugh

Apart from that, I can sometimes enjoy conversations with different people - I even once 'met' Douglas Adams in a dream, which was as excellent as I imagine it would have been in real life!

Dream themes

Post 5

Paigetheoracle

I had a hallucination in a place we used to live that turned the floor into grass (and no I wasn't smoking any of it at the time)

Dream themes

Post 6

Paigetheoracle

That reminds me. I sometimes have dreams where I am in hotels or other accommodation and there is no roof

Dream themes

Post 7

Superfrenchie

I hardly ever remember my dreams smiley - sadface

- Doctor, every single day, I pee at seven am sharp.
- Isn't that wonderful? Your biological clock is in perfect working order! How is that a problem?
- Well, thing is, every single day, I wake up at half past seven.

Dream themes

Post 8

A few times I've dreamed that I was singing the part of Papageno in "The Magic Flute." As I'm standing n the wings waiting to go on stage, I realize that I can't remember any of the words for my first song. smiley - yikes

Dream themes

Post 9

Recumbentman

Isn't that the one that goes "Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa" etc?

Dream themes

Post 10

ITIWBS

I dreamed the entire world was converted to automated driving, the great crash came, the entire world was converted to nanobots that broke into a universal nanobot disco rave, that some of the nanobots began transforming back into life forms.

Dream themes

Post 11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MtQ8uPLUt8

Dream themes

Post 12

In the original German
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKntOWZuq14

Dream themes

Post 13

Paigetheoracle

Superfrenchie, they do say that keeping a pad and pen by the bedside helps you remember your dreams. Of course it has to be beside your bed and not your neighbours, unless they like being woken in the early hours by you shouting at them through a megaphone, to tell them to write down your dream memories

Dream themes

Post 14

Paigetheoracle

Paulh, that is called first night nerves. Try watching Groundhog Day

Dream themes

Post 15

Paigetheoracle

I had a nightmare where I woke up and collapsed into a heap of nanobots, which was a crashing bore

Dream themes

Post 16

Paigetheoracle

In fact the nanobots collapsed into even smaller bots - what you might call nano-nano bots (apologies to Robin Williams or Snork calling Awesome).

Dream themes

Post 17

Paigetheoracle

That has just reminded me, I once had a dream within a dream, within a dream. I was staying at a friends house and I woke up and floated out the bedroom window, then I woke up again in bed and floated out the window, then I woke up in bed but didn't float out the window this time. I wonder if this is proof of alternative realities as in Everett's Many Worlds theory or waiting for a bus and three turning up at the same time?

Dream themes

Post 18

"Groundhog Day" or perhaps "Fifty First Dates."

Dream themes

Post 19

ITIWBS

Technique of dream analysis I've used since I was 7 years old.

I think about the events of the day before that may have conditioned the dream.

Usually the answer comes right up.

Dream themes

Post 20

If I stop at the library to renew some books, I may well dream about still working there.

Key: Complain about this post