A Conversation for The Library

Murder Mystery Thread: The Library

Post 101

Jeeves

I think you will find sir that Mr Body has not changed his will for quite a while now. If memory serves me correctly, it would be 20% of the estate to Miss Fornesca, 20% to Miss Somers, 5% each to the cook, Harry and myself, and the remaining amount to Amnesty International sir.

I believe that the house and grounds were to be auctioned 11 months after his death at which time he believed that all his affairs would be settled.

Post 102

Inspector Oftheyard

*The Inspector lies back in an armchair with a hanky over his face*
mutters 'This case is so complicated' 'I am getting a migraine'.

smiley - cdouble

Post 103

Z

*passes the good inspector a appropriate tablet*

Two twice a day should do it.

Post 104

Marisol Fonseca

*Marisol tenses at the mention of the will, but relaxes again when she hears the terms. Somehow she finds the strength to pull herself together. She sits up and levels her best look of hauteur at the room*

I think you will find, Inspector, and... Z is it?...that I already told that nice young man who took the statements that in fact I was in the bathroom to sponge my dress. I unfortunately spilt some red wine on it.

Post 105

Jeeves

Referring to your earlier question about the portraits madam Sol, I believe that Mr Body hired a young artist to paint them for him. I don't believe I'm acquainted personally with the young ladies in them, but I hear other guests mention that they are ladies of, well, negotiable affection. As for them looking familiar, I'm afraid that's not for me to comment on madam.

Post 106

clare

Try

Post 107

Marisol Fonseca

*Marisol starts to frown at the mention of ladies of negotiable virtue but seems mellowed by her inheritance and doesn't. She does, however, see an opportunity.*

Paintings?

*She sidles out of the room*

Post 108

Harry McLeery

Harry starts to weep softly as he realises he won't be poverty stricken in his old age. Then he starts to weep again as it dawns on him that with his master dead he won't be able to stay in this house which has been his home for decades.

Post 109

Marisol Fonseca

*The door to the library crashes open and Marisol strides in all flashing eyes and carrying an enormous bowl of trifle. She points her spoon accusingly at Harry*

You! I heard this woman, here, Clare, say that there was a box of silver in your shed. It must be a very big box indeed because there is a huge number of Abel's many silver knick knacks missing from the house. What do you have to say to that?

Post 110

Harry McLeery

*Harry visibly cringes*

'Me ma'am? Nnnnnothing!' Honest! I don't know anything about missing silver!

*he looks worried and guilty*

Post 111

Simon Davies

Simon clears his throat.

"I apologize for drifting off, that duck was a bit heavier a meal than I'm used to eating. I have no idea who might have phoned Abel. I hadn't actually spoken to him in years until recently, when I submitted my bid for the security contract. I hear his name mentioned often in the course of business - and the details as to that business are confidential, I'm afraid - and thought perhaps an old friend who'd done well for himself could share a little of the action."

Post 112

clare

So, what's up? Everyone figured it out already and emailed their solution? I gotta tell you, I am totally clueless smiley - laugh about who has done this terrible thing. Evidently Mr Body was a pretty decent fellow. Anyway, while I wait for someone to show up I'll just have some of this wine here...

Post 113

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Maybe too decent for dealing in arms? This is very confusing smiley - biggrin
smiley - towel

Post 114

clare

I don't have a problem with arms, just how some of them are used. This wine doesn't look good. Think I will have some smiley - tea
Would you care for some? smiley - tea

Post 115

Mrs. McBiscuit

sidles in looking terribly hung over, having detoured toward the pantry and a bottle of sherry, following the discovery of the body.

heaves a great sigh of relief on seeing the trifle, and wonders how much time elapsed since she passed out in a corner of the pantry

finds a chair along the wall near the door and sits down carefully

Post 116

You can call me TC

So, Mrs Biscuit, you will have missed my question earlier. From Harry and Jeeves, we hear that you had possibly had a drink whilst preparing the meal for our guests. Can you remember exactly what you drank, and, if not, at what times you may have "nodded off"?

Post 117

Mrs. McBiscuit

frowns

What dinner? I mean, which dinner?

Post 118

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I am still so confused smiley - biggrin I really can't even guess what happened! And I don't even know what questions to ask! It's one thing to read a mystery book, but to figure out a mystery yourself, that's another kettle of fish!
smiley - towel

Post 119

Pastey

Give it a go anyway! smiley - smiley So far the guesses have been great! Not always right, but great!

Post 120

Inspector Oftheyard

I'm afraid that our time allowed to question the suspects has passed.

*mutters under breath about rules*

We have to let them all go, for now. Please don't leave the country folks.

If anyone thinks they've worked out who did it, please let us know. Email us at [email protected] with what you think you know. Email us with any ideas that you may have, any thoughts too. We'll publish our findings about this whole affair in this weekend's Post.

Key: Complain about this post