This is the Message Centre for undergroundroguenine

Ahhh, Kingston

Post 1

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

Welcome Undergroundroguenine!
I used to hang around downtown Kingston, but it has been about ten years. Do they still have great acoustic music (whoops, I almost used the F word -- "folk" ) at the Wellington on Sunday nights? Are the Tragically Hip still worshipped as gods locally?

Ahhh, Kingston

Post 2

undergroundroguenine

Hey, sorry I never responded to this... somehow missed the thread. There's still a thriving music scene here of all kinds at many different venues in town. I haven't been to the Wellington, but there's always concerts going on at The Ale House (formerly AJ's), Stages, and other downtown spots. I go to Queen's, and there's plenty of stuff here as well: Broken Social Scene, Pilate, Metric, and Billy Talent all played here this fall. There's plenty of acoustic-ish stuff as well: Cuff the Duke and Matt Barber, among others , played in Kingston this fall. The Hip are still pretty crazy here: Bob Baker's side band (Strippers Union) played in the Homecoming concert, opening up for Metric and Billy Talent, and he was also the local celebrity invited to drop the puck at the Queen's hockey home opener. If you have any other q's about K-town, just let me know! (I promise, I'll get back to you sooner this timesmiley - smiley!).

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for undergroundroguenine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more