A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

BR: can't access my original U number

Post 1

Recumbentman

I've written to but I can't tell if this address is still current.

I have had to log in to h2g2 anew, twice, and was directed, not to my original space Recumbentman U208656, but to a space also called Recumbentman but numbered U14993311 -- where it seems I had been sent once before, in October 2011, at which time writing to the gurus restored my original identity.

If I hit my preset URL https://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/U208656 I am directed to U208656 all right, but as a stranger, not the proprietor of the personal space.

Post 2

h2g2 Guide Editors

Can you check whether you are using the correct login name and password combination for your original account?

If you still have problems, moderators at h2g2 dot com is the e-mail address to use smiley - ok

Post 3

Recumbentman

Thanks. I never was entirely sure what my "login name" was. I have one written in my book of passwords and crossed out, replaced with the one that now gets me to the second U number. I'll try a few...

Post 4

Recumbentman

Well I never. I tried an old pw that wasn't even written in my little book, and it seems to have worked. This (I believe) is posted as U208656 which is me.

Post 5

Recumbentman

I tried to change my onscreen name to "The original Recumbentman" but it seems that that option is no longer available? What about Halloween then?

Post 6

Recumbentman

Weird. I did manage to change my onscreen name but not the one I wanted. So we are both called Recumbentman for the moment.

Post 7

Recumbentman

Weirder again, it has done the right change... for the moment...

Post 8

h2g2 Guide Editors

smiley - ok

Post 9

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - ok i am impressed smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post