A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

BR: Weird photo at beginning of thread page queue in Pliney

Post 1

clare

smiley - space
smiley - erm It is very weird, cannot figure out what it is a picture of but it looks vaguely like one of those clips to hold a large number of pages together in the office. It appears to be black and white and is in the place of the <

You need to be in Pliney to see it and you need to be in a thread that has more than one page and then you need to be on the first page. Look up in the top right hand corner, the picture is there. If you cannot see it post back here and I will try to describe it better.

smiley - erm What isss it?

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

So, Pliny, thread with multiple pages, first page of thread, upper right... Nope, don't see anything unusual. What operating system/browser are you using? (Windows 7, Firefox (signed in), IE (not signed in))

Post 3

clare

smiley - space
It is there in Pliny whether I am signed in or not.
It takes the place of the < at the beginning of the queue of teal donuts for pages of the thread.
I tried to paste the beginning of the source code in this window and it threw me out of h2g2 and into a large screen.
I am running an Apple Mac, not sure which big cat but fairly recent.

This is the first weird thing I have ever experienced on the internet. smiley - erm

Post 4

clare

Oh, and I am running Safari and the picture is 1 inch square.

Post 5

clare

smiley - space
This is the picture http://h2g2.com/img/global/pag/prev_grey.jpg
I found the address in the source code.
All Pastey has to do is find that part of the source code and see why it's there?
I am no coder.

Is this a hack?

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

It's not anything unusual--it just means that there *are* no previous pages to navigate tosmiley - erm If you look, you should notice that it looks the same as the normal one, just gray. (At least the image I get when I click that link. Maybe it's a Mac/Safari/your personal machine issue if you see something different?)

Key: Complain about this post