A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

BR smileys inserted in the wrong place (and feature requests)

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

When I insert a smiley using the smiley selection below the 'Body' box, the smiley is always placed at the end of the text, even when I put the cursor somewhere else. For example, I positioned the cursor to place smiley - erm after 'else', but the system put it here.smiley - erm

There are also two features I'd like to request. The first is the return of the 'previous post' arrow. This was particularly useful if somebody was on the first post of a new page and wished to check the last post(s) on the previous page. I know I can go to the previous page using the < at the top of the page, but I then have to scroll all the way down. The 'previous post' arrow was much quicker and simpler.

The second feature is that the 'full smiley index' automatically opens in a new tab. When I was writing this post I accidentally clicked on 'full smiley index', which opened the index in this tab. When I clicked 'back', I found I had lost everything I'd typed. I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't immediately think to open the smiley index in a new tab, so this could be a very useful feature. (I use Firefox, so I'm not sure if Internet Explorer users would have the same problem.)

Post 2

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Three items logged smiley - biggrin

smiley - towel

Post 3

Beatrice

Is that "smileys are all over the place" issue still a bug?

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - smiley Just checking to see. Perhaps if I insert a smiley back there < ---smiley - erm Eh, yes, it's still a bug that using the icons below the Body field for posting to a conversation will put the smiley - smiley at the end of your text.

So you have to add them as you go, and not try to insert them when your post is otherwise composed. Or, if you want to insert smileys after typing, you will have to type them into place and not use the buttons.

smiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more