This is the Message Centre for Still_WRD

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 1

Trin Tragula

Well, me, but I am here on official business. Sort of.

Ever since the AWW Crit Run, it's been noted in and around the UnderGuide that much of the energy down in the AWW, the reviewing, the tending to new pieces of writing, is coming from Crit Runners such as yourself. So, we were wondering... have you ever thought about becoming a UG Miner?

A1092494

As you'll see from the 'job' description... well, you're basically already doing most of what's involved. In which case - fancy making that leap and helping us out with the last little bit, having a say in which pieces of writing make it into the UG and onto the Front Page? We're always on the lookout for new voices and new points of view 'up there'. Or 'down there' as the case may be.

Just an informal enquiry, you understand smiley - biggrin No pressure at all - just thought I'd sound you out on the idea.

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 2

Still_WRD

While I'm flattered at the suggestion smiley - loveblush, I don't think I would be the best candidate for this. I have a tendancy to dissappear for months at a time, usually around exam time. All the same, thanks. I do try to comment where I can when I have the time.

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 3

Still_WRD

Also, you seem to know your way around the intestinal tract of this site smiley - smiley, and I was wondering if it was possible to add a researcher to a piece that's already in the Underguide. You see, My friend, Researcher # U5947782 co-wrote "The Dead Frog" with me. It went through the whole process before she joined hootoo a few weeks ago, and it seems unfair to have her left out of it. Can you give me a hand?

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 4

Trin Tragula

I'll do my best smiley - ok I'll get back to you on that one shortly.

No flattery - I think you'd be a natural. And you don't have to worry about disappearing. We have lots of Miners who disappear - we have Miners who pop up after a two year interval and say 'what did I miss?'

It's not like the other Volunteer schemes on hootoo in that respect - you give whatever you've got time to give and, if you don't have the time, that's dandy.

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 5

Trin Tragula

'The Dead Frog' is now credited to the both of you.

Ta da!

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 6

Still_WRD

Thanks a lot!

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 7

Still_WRD

So, I guess I could be a person. It sounds cool. Thanks for considering me

UnderGuide Calling...

Post 8

Trin Tragula

Is that a 'yes'? smiley - bigeyessmiley - somersault

My e-mail address is in the middle of my PS. Send a message from whatever account you want to use to get the UG mail delivered to. Then I'll get you checked in.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Still_WRD

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more