A Conversation for Cosmic Cantina

Peer Review: A4279142 - Cosmic Cantina

Post 1

D_Cole

Entry: Cosmic Cantina - A4279142
Author: D_Cole - U1654698

I believe this meets the guidelines well...

A4279142 - Cosmic Cantina

Post 2

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

This reads like a remarkably uncritical piece, possibly even an advertisement. Do you have any interest in this establishment?

Post 3

Pdmatthew - Probably In a corner somewhere with a guitar

Yea you certainly praise it a little too much, you should tone down the praise, remember these things have to be objective

Post 4

D_Cole

Does it really matter if I have interest in the establishment? I mean, it's an informational entry related to another. I'll admit it may not merit the edited guide, but I felt it was noteworthy at least.

Post 5

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Yes, it *does* matter, because you would be *advertising*, and the BBC doesn't do *any* advertising, and it's *disingenuous* anyway to present an advertisement as an objective appraisal.

Post 6

Paully

So, is there any way to have a go at re-writing this article in a more neutral fashion, D_Cole?

What are the bad points about the venue? Does it get over-crowded? What other alternatives are there nearby? What items wouldn't you recommend? Are there any particular architectural features of the Cantina that make it stand out from other similar places?

All of these kind of things would make this entry more likely to be suitable for inclusion in the Edited Guide...! smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 7

Skankyrich [?]

Anyone care to second a back to entry motion?

Post 8

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Here.

Post 9

Skankyrich [?]

Added smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cosmic Cantina

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more