A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Announcement 2019-05-26: Calling All Froods

Post 1

h2g2 Guide Editors

Hello, Hoopy Froods:

As you know, Pliny is still borked. Tech is working on it. Please do not continue to tell Content about this, as we're just as frustrated as you. Just send more Stuff to the Post, and pray to the galactic Deity of your choice.

HOW TO REACH YOUR CONTENT:

1. Stay logged in.

2. DO NOT click on 'Front Page'. The Front Page is in Pliny and will still be borked, no matter how you sneak up on it. Stay off. We are updating the Front Page sometimes, but only for advertising purposes, like dressing up the front parlour.

3. To get to the Front Page Content, SEARCH (in h2g2's searchbox, not on Google!) 'Zaphod Congruence' or Subscribe to the Front Page Announcement thread F21546918?thread=8320080 .

4. To navigate, bookmark the current issue of the h2g2 Post <./>thepost</.> or your Personal Space.

The current issue of the h2g2 Post is at A87937429 - updated weekly through Post Announcements F21546918?thread=8319196 , or by Subscribing to the Post Personal Space U54963 .

Milla advises: USE THE BOOKMARKS to go to h2g2. Do NOT start typing h2g2.com in your browser.

Yours in hope,

The Core Team

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Thank you, Sirs. This was much appreciated. smiley - ok

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Thank you Madams also, of course!

smiley - pirate

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smileyThere's one thing to remembersmiley - smiley "we" might be having a tech hiccup smiley - sadface but! we ain't got government bodies etc after us for allowing bad content etc as in "other" lower media sites smiley - laugh

Post 5

Have we got everybody covered? Sirs and Madams, check.

Post 6

smiley - hamstersmiley - hamster? Check!

smiley - pirate

Post 7

h2g2 Operations

Good news all Froods!
Pliny is back alive!

Brian applied his best sorcery, sent a link to the core team, who replied "IT WORKS", and then Brian said

"Well, that's rather annoying, as it should not have worked. I mean, it's nice that it does, but annoying that THAT made it work, as that makes no sense"

Well, such is life back stage at h2g2.com, deep in the basement behind the sign for "Beware of the Leopard".

We can't explain it. But it works. So Share and Enjoy! smiley - bubbly

For the Core Team
Milla smiley - cogs

Post 8

I am so proud of the team.

You don't get the big bucks, but you deserve to. smiley - smiley

The thing is, it's always a work in progress. Things will have their snags, but they'll get ironed out. (Hope I haven't jinxed anything by saying this smiley - blush).

smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - pggb

Post 9

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

TJ claims victory! He knew sympathetic magick would work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4lFdAtNvk

Post 10

smiley - laugh

Kitty computer tricks.

Post 11

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - applause

Post 12

Cheerful Dragon

Woohoo! I'm typing this in Pliny for the first time in months! This makes me one really happy, hoopy frood!smiley - biggrinsmiley - dragon

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"Well, that's rather annoying, as it should not have worked. I mean, it's nice that it does, but annoying that THAT made it work, as that makes no sense"

smiley - rofl Pastey said something similar about my P/Space guide/ml smiley - laugh it shouldn't work ? but it does ?

Post 14

Baron Grim

I fondly remember seeing the following error message on a Sun Sparq Station 20 (really expensive and powerful desktop workstation from the last century running a proprietary Unix based OS) running a film scanning system from Kodak.

"ERROR: This should never happen."

smiley - bigeyes

smiley - laugh

BG smiley - pirate

Post 15

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

smiley - applausesmiley - applausesmiley - applausesmiley - applause

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Post 16

Dmitri's video about T.J. made me think about an old song called "Kitten on the keys"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBxRRUj1bcA

(Keys used to be something that you use for opening locks. Then they became things on pianos. Pianos have been losing their luster as computers have been gaining, but both have "keys.")

Anyway, if T.J. did play a role in bringing Pliny back, I for one would be willing to contribute to a catnip fund.

Post 17

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I'd rather contribute to a salmon fund--I deal with enough humans on substances now to get a smiley - cat stoned smiley - winkeye

Post 18

Did you say salmon? smiley - bigeyes

This brings back memories. My family used to celebrate Memorial Day with salmon and new fresh peas. smiley - drool

My grandmother was such a superb cook that she worked for a specialty caterer, and then was hired to cook for her landlord (incidentally, at one point he became interested in marrying her). Her salmon salad was exquisite, as was anything else she cooked.

Ah, yes, cats also like salmon. As well they might. smiley - smiley

Post 19

Never doubt a salmon smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Post 20

You can call me TC

Well, if the machines are starting to do things of its own volition, does that .ean the singularity is round the corner?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more