A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Hissy fit

Post 1

Brian Gunner Larholm

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to give you a small update on what is going on with the site at the moment.

The site is an old lady, and from time to time she throws a small tantrum, but this is usually nothing we cannot solve with a few kind words and a nice cuppa tea.

However, she has recently decided to throw a slightly larger than normal hissy fit, and I am quietly working on calming her down and getting everything running again.

I’m sure we can come to some arrangement.

(For the avoidance of doubt: I'm working on it, it's an odd one, but I'm confident we will fix it soon)

Be kind
Brian Larholm

Hissy fit

Post 2

Icy North

Thanks Brian,

You’re doing a fantastic job.

Incidentally, should the worst happen, will you still be able to get some of the content (the edited guide, for example) archived onto some other platform?

Hissy fit

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Hissy fit

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"The site is an old lady and from time to time she throws a small tantrum"

smiley - sadfaceUnfortunately, syrup of figs might work on old ladies smiley - whistle but not computer programming typessmiley - sadface So! can't try THAT remedysmiley - winkeye

Hootoo is like 2 fictional characters smiley - smiley
No1 = A Time Lord - changes often and No2 = "The Terminator" - I'll be back!smiley - magic

My true respects to! (can't name them all etc) but "The Techs" smiley - magic

Hissy fit

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Brian. Have you considered that the old lady might have forgotten to put her clock forward for British Summer Time?

Hissy fit

Post 6

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Maybe you should try pampering the old lady smiley - senior with a Danish to go with that smiley - tea. And maybe a Gammel Dansk? No, wait! Maybe you'd better make that a Danish cherry liqueur instead! smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Hissy fit

Post 7

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

So what...... I've got socks with more talent! smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Hissy fit

Post 8

Do you mean ta-lint? smiley - groan

Hissy fit

Post 9

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Hissy fit

Post 10

Sounds like I guessed right. smiley - winkeye

Hissy fit

Post 11

Cheerful Dragon

A problem that's been going on for three weeks is hardly a small tantrum IMNSHO. It certainly doesn't count as a hissy fit. This is a full-blown, rolling on the floor kicking and screaming, M&S tantrum.smiley - tongueout

Thanks to whoever it was on Facebook who recommended that I switch to using Ripley skins. I'm now back on Alabaster. I may have to switch to Brunel because the smiley selection isn't available when typing a post in Alabaster and I don't know all the definitions.

Hissy fit

Post 12

Baron Grim

Yeah, this error/bug/fit is really bad for the site as I'm sure those working on it are quite aware. All us old are happy to bebop along in Ripley skins, but I'm sure we're losing casual users and new visitors every day.

smiley - goodlucksmiley - hamster

Hissy fit

Post 13

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Re Posting 11:

Hi, Cheerful Dragon
Just open up another tab or page and put this in:

https://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Smiley#smiley

smiley - pirate

Hissy fit

Post 14

Baron Grim

Or click here since we're all using Ripley at the moment. smiley - winkeye

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Smiley#smiley

Hissy fit

Post 15

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeye"brunel" the only worthy onesmiley - winkeye

Hissy fit

Post 16

smiley - lurk

Hissy fit

Post 17

cactuscafe

Thank you for your work, Brian. I appreciate your time and effort.

I hope the Old Lady can eventually be calmed. smiley - rofl (as an old lady myself, smiley - senior I know secrets concerning these matters, the human version, but I am in awe of your technical knowledge).

cc smiley - choc

Hissy fit

Post 18

"as an old lady myself"

Totally wrong my dearsmiley - hugShould be! a mature Ladysmiley - smooch

Ladies are like smiley - redwine(or whitesmiley - winkeye) they don't age, they maturesmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

(if you can't give a lady a compliment, then it's time to pack in)

Hissy fit

Post 19

smiley - ale for all

Hissy fit

Post 20

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Quite the hissy fit overnight (my time)--Ripley skins didn't even worksmiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post

Hissy fit

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more