A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2019-02-04 Announcement: Visitor Statistics

Post 61

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

smiley - ok

Post 62

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Not as disastrous as I had feared.

Mind you, it takes a lot of effort to read every Post article and leave feedback.

If there are 36,000 unique visitors using the Ripley skins, I find that amazing. smiley - wow

Post 63

Gnomon - time to move on

Can everyone using the Ripley system (Alabaster, Classic Goo, Plain or Brunel) please make sure to use the h2g2.com address rather than the www.h2g2.com address.

If you use www.h2g2.com you're likely to be switched to Pliny quite regularly. If you use h2g2.com, you'll stay in Ripley most of the time.

Post 64

Gnomon, I use h2g2.com, but I've just checked www.h2g2.com, and both URLs lead me to a Pliny front page, from which I choose Alabaster for my preferences.

Post 65

Gnomon - time to move on

Yes, but in www.h2g2.com there are various other places where you'll be brought to Pliny as well and have to change back.

Post 66

Sounds complicated.

Post 67

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

It may sound complicated, paulh, but it isn't. I have bookmarked links and they work fine smiley - ok

If you enter via

https://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/home
or
http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/home
as it were

it appears you can move aound like a queen on a chess board. For now at least ...

smiley - pirate

Post 68

[Visualizes Freddy Mercury playing chess. ]

Post 69

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl

Re: Freddy playing chess.

Post 70

An artist who calls himself(herself?) Chess has done a likeness of Freddie Mercury
http://www.artmarket.co.uk/art/chess-freddie-mercury

And here's a drawing of mercury playing chess
http://www.deviantart.com/gagambo/art/Freddie-Mercury-playing-chess-772157003

Post 71

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

smiley - lurk

Post 72

h2g2 Guide Editors

May Report

There were 28,300 unique users compared to 38,100 in April. The number of pageviews was 209,000 vs 260,000 last time.

The Post <./>thepost</.> smiley - thepost was the most popular page, with more than 2,500 views, followed by 'How to Dance to 'Saturday Night' by Whigfield'! smiley - diva 'Elmer McCurdy' and 'How to be a Perfect Mistress' regained their popularity. 'How to train your Parakeet to Speak' and 'The Story of Nutella' also received hundreds of views each. smiley - choc

Post 73

h2g2 Guide Editors

Quick Stats for June

The number of unique users was up 42% on the previous 30 days (39,000 vs 27,000). The number of page views was 239,000, vs 205,000 last time.

The Post homepage was the most popular Entry, closely followed by 'Porridge' the TV Series. The Usual Suspect Entries (Card Games, Curry, Enzymes, Baking a Cake with a Silicone Mould, etc) are popular again. Leisure Time in Ancient Egypt trended, as did Saying Grace in Latin, and the Mechanics of Whistling smiley - whistle

Post 74

Leisure suits in Ancient Egypt? Oh, sorry, I misread that. smiley - blush

Post 75

smiley - lurk

Post 76

h2g2 Guide Editors

Stats for the whole of June

The number of unique users was 42,700 compared to 27,300 last month. The number of page views was 240,000, vs 201,000 last time. 33% of visitors were from the UK and 28% from the USA, followed by Australia, India and Canada.

The Post homepage was the most popular Entry, closely followed by 'Porridge' the TV Series. The Usual Suspect Entries (Card Games, Curry, Enzymes, Baking a Cake with a Silicone Mould, etc) are popular again. Leisure Time in Ancient Egypt was viewed 500 times on 15 June. Medieval England Phrasebook trended, as did The Fretless Bass, Saying Grace in Latin, and the Mechanics of Whistling smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote Given The Post theme A87937465 the Puns Entry also trended! smiley - laugh 550 views vs 25 in the previous month.

Post 77

Icy North

I’m amazed Saying Grace in Latin’s become popular. The humour must be well past it now.

Post 78

h2g2 Guide Editors

Stats for Mid-July

The number of unique users has increased to 44,100 vs 37,700 last time. The number of pageviews decreased slightly - 227,000 vs 236,000.

The Post homepage was again most popular. How to Make a Plastic Bag Bra was viewed by 1,000 people on 10/11 July! People found How to Dance to Saturday Night by Whigfield again, too! smiley - diva

Fables in 200 Words or Less trended, as did The Comic Operas of Gilbert and Sullivan and How to Cross One Eye smiley - online2long

Post 79

I'm grateful that my posts about the Post don't have to get rated for quality....

Post 80

smiley - lurk

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more