A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2019-02-04 Announcement: Visitor Statistics

Post 41

Gnomon - time to move on

Brunel is part of the Ripley system along with Alabaster aand Classic Goo. These are all working.

But the tens of thousands of readers who look at h2g2 but never post anything, the readers, use Pliny. They haven't been able to see any entries in more than a week.

Post 42

Baron Grim

Hang in their smiley - hamster. smiley - goodluck

BG smiley - pirate

Post 43

Baron Grim

smiley - facepalm

Hang in THERE smiley - hamster.
smiley - goodluck

Post 44

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

That sounds a bit less grim than hanging inside of hamsters, no matter who owns them...

Post 45

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Could you please move this to a different thread? smiley - smiley

Post 46

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I second that

Post 47

Witty Moniker

If the tangentially related conversation regarding the broken site affecting visitor stats is moved elsewhere, would someone kindly post a link to same?

Post 48

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Seconded.

Post 49

I just want to make clear that you will have to start a conversation by yourself. For instance in the Miscellaneous chat forum. The Editors will not start a thread for you.

Post 50

Recumbentman

What makes it desirable to move this conversation about outage away from this thread? It is about visitor statistics, and so far highly relevant.

Post 51

[Not sure what to do.

smiley - lurk]

Post 52

Baron Grim

I do... I'm smiley - elvising. No discussion allowed? No point in being subscribed.

Post 53

I would smiley - elvis too, but there's a small chance of better news later on, which I don't want to miss.smiley - flustered

Post 54

The purpose of this thread is making announcements and letting everyone know about the current numbers of visitors. This is no thread for any discussions. It is fine if you want to discuss the topic, just not here please.smiley - smiley

Post 55

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Understood and seconded smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

Post 56

Gnomon - time to move on

Tav, there has not been any official announcement that the site has been down since the end of March. I raised the topic here because it will affect the Visitor Statistics.

Post 57

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

smiley - lurk

Post 58

h2g2 Guide Editors

Sorry there haven't been stats since this situation made us go all Marvin...

The pesky bug affects what stats we can get, but there is a bit that can be said...

March Report

The number of unique users was down 4% compared to the previous 31 days (72,000 vs 75,000) and the number of pageviews was down 10% (365,000 vs 403,000). Traffic via Facebook and Twitter was 10% higher than the previous period.

Post 59

Most of March happened before Pliny went down. Since then, the people who use Ripley skins have visited the site. It will be interesting to see how April fares. smiley - smiley

Post 60

h2g2 Guide Editors

'Interesting' isn't the word I'd use, as the thought of looking makes me feel smiley - ill but anyway, let's get it over with... here goes...

April Report

There were 36,200 unique users compared to 70,000 in the previous 30 days. The number of pageviews was 249,000 vs 353,000 last time. The Post was the most popular page.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more