A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Wednesday 16th October 2013 - Announcing: We are two years on from the relaunch!

Post 1

h2g2 Operations

Can you believe it? Two years ago, we just finished the final bug testing and fixing, and switched the site live in this new home.

And we are still here, writing, reading, discussing, volunteering and growing!

Massive thanks to Not Panicking Ltd, for deciding to "do it", to Tech Team smiley - hero for steadily updating the site since then, and working on the update to come, to all the volunteers for their time, their efforts and their caring, and most of all, to the whole community, for being such great people.

And if that wasn't enough, we've got some rather special plans for the next year, but we can't tell you about them yet, except to say that we're incredibly excited!

Milla smiley - cogs

Wednesday 16th October 2013 - Announcing: We are two years on from the relaunch!

Post 2

Pastey

smiley - cheers

Post 3

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

smiley - bubbly

Post 4

Peanut

Well done and thanks to all the volunteers who keep us up and running

smiley - cheers

Post 5

Pastey

Definitely calls for smiley - cake

Post 6

Researcher 14993127

Congrats to all.smiley - spacesmiley - bubblysmiley - spacesmiley - pggb

smiley - cat

Post 7

Peanut

darn, remiss of me

Thanks to ALL those here that contribute to the guide, smiley - thepost and those who journal, post interesting and thoughtful stuff to forums

well done all smiley - applause

Post 8

Pastey

I really should do a formal thank you to all the volunteers that keep this site running, there's so much that goes on behind the scenes just to keep us here each day, so thank you smiley - cheers

Post 9

Witty Moniker

We rock! smiley - bubbly

Post 10

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - rofl wheres me badgessmiley - rofl

well done to all involved smiley - bubblysmiley - hug

Post 11

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

To sumamrize the bove posts: we relaunched two years ago, and now we're rocking the boat. smiley - biggrin

What kind of smiley - cake would you like, Pastey. smiley - smiley

Post 12

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - cheers, folks!

Post 13

pebblederook-The old guy wearing surfer beads- what does he think he looks like?

Congratulations to all the good people on this site. Without you no one would be laughing at my jokes. Laughing at me, yes. smiley - cheerupsmiley - cheerssmiley - magicsmiley - laugh

Post 14

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*brings in a big basket of mufflewhumps*

Post 15

Superfrenchie

But... A year ago, we were only *one* year on. Isn't that amazing?! smiley - biggrin

smiley - bubblysmiley - giftsmiley - candlesmiley - cake
And smiley - applause all round.

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm not normally one for celebrations and congratulations, but this deserves some smiley - redwine. Well done to everyone for all your work!

Post 17

Rod

and ... a reminder ...

A87723958

Well done, all

Rod

Post 18

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I never did put that thing on my page. It's so beautiful.

smiley - towel

Post 19

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Congratulations to us all smiley - hug

And a huge smiley - ta to all the smiley - hamsters w*rking under the bonnet smiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Post 20

Ancient Brit

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more