This is the Message Centre for The Campaign to Bring Back Gosho

A petition to persuade Gosho to change his name back

Post 1

The Campaign to Bring Back Gosho

We, the undersigned, are fed up with trying to type out Oojamakakapivvy and want him to change his name back to Gosho, which is so much easier. If he is unwilling to do so we will... do things to persuade him smiley - winkeye

Post 2

GreyDesk

It's a good idea, yes. But we don't want to inflate his ego with this campaign more than it already has been smiley - winkeye

I suggest we bully him into changing back by repeatedly and deliberately mis-spelling the Oojy version of his name. I also quite like the diminutive 'piv' as to my ears it sounds slightly rude and a bit insulting smiley - devil

Post 3

I like the cut of your jib smiley - tongueout

And so it begins smiley - biggrin

Post 4

Mu Beta

I don't wish to admire GreyDesk's 'jib' in any way, but it is a good idea. Sign me up!

B

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I've been calling him Gosho all this time -- doesn't bother me any, but it does seem to confuse people (especially newbies) in threads where I refer to something Gosho said, and they don't see any Gosho! smiley - tongueout I've never bothered to learn how to spell his current user name, but have on occasion used 'Goshoompaloompa' or something to indicate that what used to be Gosho is now something that starts with an 'oo'.

I don't much care what he chooses to call himself, but I am a fan of sticking to one name, for continuity's sake.

smiley - cheers

Post 6

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

At the very least, I think that TAFKAG* would suffice....

*The Artist** Formerly Known As Gosho

**or Member, Poster, Guy, etc. suitably suitable

It is, of course, his right to pick the name he wants, but Jeez Louise, anything would be easier to remember....

Post 7

Hypatia

Dear Oojakapiv,

I know you briefly explained why you were tired of being Gosho, but I can't remember what reason you gave. smiley - sigh Probably because I hoped if I didn't think about it, it would all go away and Gosho would be Gosho.

I personally like the name Gosho and wish you would return to it. It suits you so well. When you post one of those quirky journal entries that have become your trademark, I used to be able to say to myself, "Oh Gosh, Gosho has done it again!" or, "Land o' Gosho, that's a good one." Or even, "It doesn't pay to josho with Gosho!"

What can I say now? "Interesting pov, Piv.?"

It just isn't the same. smiley - sadface I would have been better even if you had become Oojakoff. We could have all remembered that. Or since you live in Texas, you could have become Oojakrabbit. And since you were going through a rough patch we would even have understood Oojakdaniels.

It isn't too late. Just ckick on preferences and become Gosho again. Do it for the Gipper.

Post 8

broelan

Or for the Hypper, even. smiley - winkeye

When I see 'Oojakawhatsit' it makes me think of The Angry White Boy Polka (by Weird Al). There is a vocal break between two verses that goes 'Ooo ah ah ah ah' in stoccato. So every time I read one of the former Gosho's posts I think of this vocal and the verse that follows it, making it harder for me to concentrate on what's going on in the thread.

I think the problem stems from the fact that I can't pronounce whatever his name is now, leading me to think of it as Oo-something, which translates to 'Ooo ah ah ah ah'.

Please change it back, for my sanity, so I can occasionally be able to make a coherent post. Imagine how hard it was for me to write this one little post with that silly polka going on in the background. smiley - grovel

Post 9

Bagpuss

I've kind of got used to Oojawotsit now. Going back to Gosho would just throw me off.

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

It's easy enough to remember, too. Marge and Jack are walking down the road. Suddenly, Marge sees someone who is obviously not important. In fact, he is obviously not a Very Important Person, a VIP. In fact, he is quite the opposite.

Ooh, Jack, a PIV! - she says.

Post 11

Lady Scott

Some of us still call him Gosho, have always called him Gosho, and always shall.

Do you honestly think this'll convince him to change it back? He was rather adamant about it, you know.

Post 12

J

Dear god, change it back. Every time I see Ooj on the screen, it hurts just a little bit. Gosho is an extremely aesthetically pleasing word unlike that monstrosity he currently calls himself.

Imagine if I called myself Oojodanasmelly or something equally offensive. Only I wouldn't do that to the community.

smiley - blacksheep

Post 13

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Gosho is very friendly, easy to pronounce.
I do not read outloud but I do read to myself and I gave up trying to pronounce this current name. It leaves me a bit unsatisfied not being able to say it, sort of like talking to the wind.

I like the word gosh too!smiley - smiley
Your posts and subjects help enforce it staying around.
I often think *Gosh - I did not know that or Gosh it's good somebody said that!smiley - ok

Post 14

frenchbean

I'm assuming that this campaign has been started by somebody we all know? smiley - winkeye

Well, he has a mug with "Gosho" written on it and I'm smiley - bleeped if I'm going to make another one for him with Oojythingy on it smiley - cross

For my money, Gosho will always be Gosho smiley - ok

Post 15

azahar

My vote is also for Gosho. smiley - ok

And not just because I'm too lazy to change the name under his photo in the h2g2 gallery. smiley - winkeye

az

Post 16

Lighthousegirl - back on board

He will always be Gosho to me even if I have to try and remember to call him whatsamacallit at the moment

Gosho - if you were not so stubborn I would be asking more forcefully!

Post 17

Thanks to everyone who's joined up so far smiley - biggrin I'm slowly working my way through his friends list but I don't get much online time and there are still more people to contact smiley - evilgrin

Post 18

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Oojakapiv makes perfect sense to me, it sounds almost the same as oojamaflip.

smiley - ale

Post 19

Dark Side of the Goon

I think it's important we all remember that although his name is spelled "Oojakapiv" it's still pronounced "Gosho".

Post 20

Mu Beta

That's odd. I tend to pronounce it "awkward git"

B

Key: Complain about this post