A Conversation for Dragon Curves - The Mathematics of Paperfolding

A85559412 - Dragon Curves - The Mathematics of Paperfolding

Post 21

Icy North

I think there's a BBC2 "Ident" sequence which simulates one of those. It's a futuristic scene of flying cars, iirc. It's probably on youtube somewhere.

Post 22

Icy North

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGRuK5VFThI&feature=related

Starts at 1:20 into this sequence.

Oh, do people think this entry's good enough for a sub to fix?

smiley - cheers Icy

Post 23

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I would love to see this picked! It was only not being able to check the maths was correct that has seen this languishing..

smiley - zen

Post 24

Gnomon - time to move on

I could rewrite it to make it work, but the changes would be considerable and it wouldn't look like Frleon's work any more. I'm more interested in persuading Frleon to come back and contribute to the Guide than adding one entry to the Guide.

Post 25

h5ringer

In which case putting it back to Entry in the interim might be prudent?

Post 26

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I want to wait until frleon reappears, he is registered to the new site. I think if we return it to Entry, he may give up on it.

There are things in PR that have been here far longer than this.....

Post 27

Bluebottle

I have really enjoyed reading frleon's articles and would love this to be included in the guide, but sadly he doesn't seem to have posted since October.
I really, really, really hope he returns to finish this but I can't help but agree with my Maestro Cat friend that, regrettably, perhaps it is time to return this to entry?

<BB<

Post 28

Gnomon - time to move on

This could be sent to the Flea Market. There's the bones of a good entry in it.

When we published frleon's entry on Cube Roots recently, I found that he had never rejoined h2g2 since the move from the BBC, so I had no e-mail address for him. I wasn't able to let him know that the cube roots entry was published. It's a pity. If he'd know we were using his entry it might have encouraged him to return.

Post 29

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

< cough > points to post #26 above. frleon _ is_ registered, as I mentioned. I sent him emails about his previous Entries that we published.... smiley - smiley

I've double checked, just in case there was a problem, but I am quite certain we have his contact details.

smiley - cheerup

Post 30

Bluebottle

If frleon has been recently e-mailed about some of his articles but this gentle prodding has not encouraged him to return to h2g2 then regrettably I can't help but feel that this should be Flea Marketed or back to entry, in the hope that he does return.

Gnomon in post 24 implied that the maths were in error and it would need substantial correcting, in which case I would suggest back to entry. If this issue is only a minor niggle then yes, Flea Market.

<BB<

Post 31

Gnomon - time to move on

Oh, I'm confusing him with another author - Mags, the author of the BMX entries, never returned.

Post 32

Gnomon - time to move on

I don't think the mathematics is wrong, it's just not explained in way that the average reader will understand, I think.

I'm willing to sub-edit this and make it readable, if we accept I'll have to change it quite a bit.

So you can pick it on that basis.

Post 33

Z

It would be great if we could sub-edit this and make it readable, it's an interesting topic.

Post 34

Bluebottle

If there's a chance for a happy ending and we can avoid the Flea Market, then that's obviously ideal!smiley - ok

<BB<

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 35

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 36

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseExcellent news!

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dragon Curves - The Mathematics of Paperfolding

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more