bdcted3

Entry: The Planet of Texas - A4180060
Author: bdcted3 - U1615416

Submitted respectfully

A4180060 - The Planet of Texas

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks for submitting this!

Unfortunately, we already have a good entry in the Guide for Texas: it's at A310221. You can go to it by clicking on that "A number". You'll see that it is a lot more detailed than yours, so we don't really need yours.smiley - sadface

You might like to write about something else and submit it to the Guide: before you start writing, be sure to Search using the Search h2g2 to make sure we don't already have an entry on it. Also have a look at the Writing-Guidelines to see the sort of things we're looking for.

smiley - smiley

Post 3

FordsTowel

Pride in ones place of origin or residence is a beautiful thing, bdcted3; but, realistically, the entry is not factual.

All Texans are not generous, and some are crooks. It is not set apart nearly as much as Alaska or Hawaii, either geographically, socially, meteorogically, or in any other way.

And, I don't think that a state where locals would drag a man behind a truck until his head falls off is a state I'd want to brag about so highly.

smiley - towel

Post 4

echomikeromeo

So d'you think you could remove this from Peer Review? Just go to the PeerReview page, find your entry on the list at the bottom and click on the 'x' that appears next to it.

Don't be discouraged - you can always try again, after you've read the Writing-Guidelines!

Post 5

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I still recall the time when I was walking behind a Texan and his wife through The Close at Salisbury Cathedral (tallest spire in England). He was also wearing Bermuda shorts and a very LOUD shirt.

'My, what a quaint little church' he drawled to his wife smiley - grrsmiley - steam

Post 6

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

I believe this entry may need to be longer than this.

Post 7

FordsTowel

I don't believe that length is the primary issue, IMHO.

smiley - towel

Post 8

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Hi, bdcted3 and welcome to H2G2 and Peer Review.

As the aim of H2G2 is to provide a guide to life the universe and everything that people can have faith in consulting (unlike wikipeadia) we need to have guidelines. Yes we like humourous entries, but they have to be factual as well.

Please check out the writing guidelines and look through the edited guide to see what other reserchers have done. If you find a gap, the write an entry comforming to the guidelines, and submit it for review

ta

tjm (scout)

Post 9

Mina

Hi bdcted3,

What do you think of some of the comments you've had?

Post 10

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Looks a lot like a one-day Researcher.

Post 11

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

nods and asks to be moved to entry

Post 12

We're only ten days off the official two month deadline... I agree. Who has a list in progress?

Post 13

Sho - employed again!

there's a two month deadline?

oh I have to get to the PR Discussion jobbie to talk about this one
smiley - run

Post 14

PR discussion jobbie?

Post 15

Mina

I've got a list, but I want to get it to Paully before he leaves - he wants lists by Friday.

A9741972

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

BH - since there was a lot of radio noise on individual PR threads, basically discussing how PR works rather than the entries, MJ kindly made an unofficial forum for PR discussion which at the moment has nowhere to go.

A9741972

(beware, it's full of me whining about how the one measly entry I wrote hasn't been picked, even though it's only been around a week or so smiley - laugh)

Post 17

Skankyrich [?]

Mina, could you add this to your list please? I think we have more than a concensus smiley - ok

Post 18

Mina

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post