Post 1

Anonymouse

Nice to get ya aboard, Cuteness!

Shhhhhhhh... don't tell anyone I'm here. smiley - winkeye

Welcome!

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

Trust me to find you here, 'nony. :-I

Anyway, I wanted to say how unbelievably funky those new smileys are! I assume h2g2's head honchos have seen them too. It would be great to be able to have them in conversations and the like.

Welcome!

Post 3

Anonymouse

Of course I'm here. smiley - tongueout

As far as I know, he's had no replies from TPTWVH as yet.

Welcome!

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

Shall I go and tell Mr M just how cool these smilies are? Would he be the right person to ask? I think so?

Welcome!

Post 5

Anonymouse

Mr. M? Mark? Tell everyone. smiley - winkeye

Welcome!

Post 6

Mike A (snowblind)

Okey-dokey!

This shall be fun!

Welcome!

Post 7

Peregrin

Hey, I'm putting all the user-drawn smileys together on a new page (at Peta's suggestion), I'll tell you where in a moment.

Anticipation

Post 8

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Peregrin, could you define moment?

I have been waiting here for the past four days now in anticipation, and am going to have to go to the bathroom or something very soon.

Btw, I'm really impressed. The smileys are very cool.

Anticipation

Post 9

Anonymouse

*dances from two feet to the other two* ... yes, please hurry. smiley - winkeye

Anticipation

Post 10

Peregrin

Oops, so sorry. I made it soon after I posted in this forum, but forgot about this forum. It's at http://www.h2g2.com/A213580
I've included Cybes' smileys, I don't know whether he minds or not because he doesn't seem to be alive at the moment.
Thanks for waiting - we apologise for the inconvenience smiley - smiley

Anticipation

Post 11

Mike A (snowblind)

You know how unbelievably funky all those smilies are?

Anticipation

Post 12

Anonymouse

Of course... but you know how limiting smiley - winkeye, smiley - smiley, smiley - sadface, smiley - bigeyes and smiley - fish is, don't you? Do you know how many times I've wished for smiley - erm ?

Anticipation

Post 13

Mike A (snowblind)

Rhetorical.
smiley - winkeye

Anticipation

Post 14

Cybes

you're quite right - i *wasn't* around. thankfully, our good friend 'nony knows where to find me smiley - smiley

as for the smilies, go right ahead and use them - i made them for largely for the sake of doing it, and if anyone finds them useful, i'm not going to stand in the way.

the page of researcher-drawn smilies, btw, is great! smiley - smiley i only played with the common emoticons i've seen used in things like irc. somebody has been very busy making some extraordinary little works of art, though. bravo!

Anticipation

Post 15

Anonymouse

And looking up, I got my wish (smiley - erm). smiley - biggrin

'Nonniesmiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cybes

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more