This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Subbing Gothic in the Wilderness

Post 1

h2g2 Guide Editors

Hiya Dmitri! And a very happy new year 2020 to you and yours! smiley - bubbly

I've taken your entry for subbing, you'll need to go subscribe to A87961413smiley - towel

Photos are already applied, they're fabuloussmiley - divasmiley - biggrin

I'll be back with any queries or when I've finished my readthrough - whichever comes first! smiley - footprintssmiley - book

smiley - cheers

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

That's me, of course smiley - rolleyes

Sorry, I've been switching between accounts all daysmiley - cdouble

smiley - run

Post 3

"All Washington Township was astir last Wednesday morning when the sun peeped forth from a clear sky and kissed the gilded cross which summounts the lofty spire of St Michael's[sic]."

My spellchecker screams "surmounts" in place of "summounts" but as it's a quote, shall I leave it be?

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - ok Subscribed. (Sorry, had guests.)

Yeah, leave it be - I transcribed that myself, and that's what the original said. smiley - laugh I had to sit in the museum to do it.

If you want, you can put another [sic] in there to show that we know it was a typo or just a weird word choice. smiley - laugh

Post 5

PS It's no surprise the 'journalists' were poor here. If they were any good, Pittsburgh beckoned with its many newspapers, some of them nationally known.

Ida Tarbell came from this area - she did not stay here, obviously. smiley - rofl In case you're wondering, Ida Tarbell was a very famous muckraking journalist.

Post 6

smiley - laugh

No worries, I just had three months away what with working, family, Christmas... smiley - blush

I always enjoy subbing your entries because I learn stuff. Win win. Ida sounds a delightful person, I can almost picture her in my headsmiley - laugh

Post 7

All donesmiley - towelawaiting your approval. You may spot the added angels h2g2 link, on Archangel. If you don't want it there, it can begonesmiley - wizard

Post 8

smiley - ok Looks perfect!

Post 9

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magic

Post 10

Thanks! smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more