This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Subbing Caligula's Lighthouse

Post 1

Bluebottle

A87934558 Caligula's Lighthouse: A Border Crisis, 40 CE
I'm subbing the above, please subscribe smiley - lighthouse

'Roman names consisted of the praenomen, nomen, and cognomen.' - smiley - ermsmiley - canofworms Did you want to expand on this a little bit as it isn't entirely true? Most Roman male names did, but it doesn't apply to slaves or women, or some Roman males such as Mark Antony or Gaius Marius.

<BB<

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Okay, subbed. smiley - ok

I think most of that footnote was composed by Sasha. smiley - laugh I kept getting tangled up writing about names. You're right, let's sort it out.

Would you be happy with it if you changed it to 'Most Roman male names...'? Or 'It was common for names of male Roman citizens to consist of...'?

Post 3

Bluebottle

Would you like to have a read-through and let me know if there is anything you would like to change?

<BB<

Post 4

Nope. smiley - laugh Looks okay to me.

Post 5

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - lighthousesmiley - magic

Post 6

smiley - ok Thanks!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more