This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi Dmitri smiley - hug

Please go subscribe to A87915900 which is your subbed article smiley - biro

I do hope you have photos.

I have taken the liberty of adding Sasha's "hull breach" comment from the PR thread because it made me laugh out loud when I read it. smiley - rofl Let me know if that's ok.

Something else that made me giggle - I put "cook's measurements" in the search engine when adding links. The first edited entry that came back was my entry on the History of the Transit of Venus. smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - towel

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - ok Subscribed, and sure, the 'hull breach' joke is fine smiley - smiley, and smiley - rofl about the Transit of Venus.

I haven't thought about taking pictures - we had it the evening before last - but I can. Although if FWR could come up with a pic involving a chihuahua, it would be better....smiley - dog

Talking about Guide Entries and the internet at large, I had a miniwar with the QI people yesterday. They have a Twitter account called @qipedia. In the morning, they tweeted out a factoid about the Holy Foreskin.

The h2g2_Guide (okay, me) retweeted their tweet with the comment 'You think we don't have a Guide Entry about the Holy Foreskin. You think wrong...' plus the link. This quick thinking was due to the vague memory on my part that I had indeed written on this topic....smiley - whistle

Apparently, qipedia's geek on duty read this Entry, because 45 minutes later, they tweeted again about the Holy Foreskin, this time with a more interesting factoid obviously culled from the Guide Entry. smiley - rofl

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 3

smiley - ok

I knew about that Guide Entry, some are simply unforgettablesmiley - laugh

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 4

smiley - facepalm I'm afraid so.

Right now, I'm working on one about a vampire story. smiley - laugh

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 5

Most excellentsmiley - ok

I'm watching Buffy reruns at the momentsmiley - vampire

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 6

Hehe. smiley - laugh I got in a link, though my vampire is much older, and actually from the Balkans....but this entry will make Tavaron laugh, because I worked in a very long German word that's a running joke...smiley - winkeye

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 7

Sounds greatsmiley - ok

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 8

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magic

Subbing Taco Salad

Post 9

smiley - ok Thanks!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more