This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3581

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh We don't do that - we send 'em all to high school, but offer different courses, depending on what you want to learn.

(He wants to do something with 'polymers', the whole family is science geeks except me and the musician sister.)

I'm off to eat supper. smiley - run Take care, see you around!

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3582

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

since the 70's, every successive government has altered the school curriculum smiley - sadfaceto what "they" think it should be smiley - grr non have ever worked - stick with the 3 R'ssmiley - smileyreading/riting/rythmatic - they workedsmiley - smiley

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3583

Actually, I don't think they did - but you're right, a lot of programs were 'flash-in-the-pan' bad ideas.

Kids today, though, have a lot of good options, including basic computer literacy, which are good ideas and give them tools. smiley - smiley

When I was in school, there was ONE computer modem in our Physics room - attached to the university mainframe. Three people were allowed on it - not me, because I made the physics teacher very nervous. smiley - evilgrin

I had a weird pop-up window on my computer, so I called my support and antivirus people. They took about an hour and a half, and gave the whole works a wash and brush-up. Magnificent, those smiley - geeks. smiley - biggrin

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3584

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

round here in the 60's, it was sort of expected that you went down't pit as it was and the area - pit townssmiley - smiley so it was basic teaching for the smiley - winkeye underlings, technical stuff was at high school.

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3585

smiley - ok

I'm back in - I don't know for how long. But the thunderstorm is moving away, it's got quieter now. smiley - zen

It flashed the lights off and turned off the router about four times. smiley - rofl

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3586

smiley - laughwe had a 7 minute one yesterday smiley - laugh

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3587

Oh, this one lasted at least half an hour. smiley - rofl

According to the weather service, we've got about an hour, hour and a half, and then it's going to do it again all night.

If it does, I'm unplugging the whole works and going to bed early. smiley - rofl

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3588

in any thunder/lightning storm (when a kid) my grandma would open the front and back doorssmiley - smileyincase of a thunderball calling

and around that time it was always cautious to unplug tv/radio etc

and later house phones

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3589

They'll unplug everything over at the farm, because otherwise, they get hit. They're on a hill.

Here, nothing to do much except reset the clock, most of the time. It always seems to pop the electricity off at least once.

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3590

smiley - grr hootoo zapped my post - so try again

what they need is a tower and lightning conductor cable, on the edge of the farm, to help protect all their electric equipment etc.

I laugh, because I say to folk - with having a stainless steel rod in my spine, I daren't go out in a lightning stormsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3591

a few year back, my pc at the time burnt out, due to an electrical power surge after a power cut. It fried the tower AND frazzled the monitor. (all turned off at the time)
The power company said that they don't have power surges, as I argued with them over the phone for compensation.
I ended up being able to (after loads of hassle) claim on my house contents insurance.
BUT! after looking on the web smiley - grr electrical power generator companies have a "free get out of jail government card" because the amount of damage done by "power surges" would bankrupt them because of compensation claims that would be in the billions

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3592

Yeah, we had a bad power surge last summer, when it got too hot - the power company refused to fix the wiring past the meter. smiley - rofl So the lineman told my bro in law how to fix it, and he did it himself.

Anyway, I'm going away to eat supper now - we have a lull in the storm, but it's supposed to start again in an hour or so.

Take care!

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3593

hope you both can sleep well smiley - hug

see you later my friendsmiley - smiley

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3594

Slept like a log. smiley - zzz It finally rained itself out. Good for the garden, no doubt.

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3595

new fridge came this morningsmiley - smiley so it was into town for milk/marg' etc to restocksmiley - biggrin

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3596

smiley - applause Good for you!

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3597

that's it nowsmiley - winkeyeit'd had better last me out, I ain't buying anothersmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3598

smiley - laugh Yeah, I know what you mean.

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3599

smiley - laughlast night/evening, a knock at the front door (I'm in the pc room upstairs) opens window and a young lady from British Heart Foundation stood there (plus another person at next doorssmiley - winkeye) She didn't get to open her mouth smiley - winkeye"I'm a pensioner - no money" smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Pesky Groundhogs.

Post 3600

That's what to tell them. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Pesky Groundhogs.

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more