This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

More Musical Mayhem from FWR, or, The Devil Went Down to Pittsburgh

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I have to announce to everybody that Freewayriding and I have been at it again. This video is of the new hit song, 'Summonsing the Devil'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSqmjTTum6U

If you're wondering, as you wonder about so many things on h2g2, 'Why?', you need to take a look at this item in Peer Review: A88003866 The Convict Who Sued Satan.

Back in 1971, a prisoner in Pittsburgh tried to sue Satan in a class action suit. The problem was, he couldn't afford the court costs, so he had to petition the courts to pay for it. The judge decided he probably couldn't win. For one thing, there was the problem of figuring out how to serve papers on the Prince of Darkness...

While FWR was working on his - as usual, brilliant - illustration for the story, he came up with a song lyric. His appeal to the h2g2 annex of Tin Pan Alley was more successful than Gerald Mayo's lawsuit. We hope you enjoy the result of yet another songwriting collaboration.

smiley - dragon

Post 2

FWR

smiley - applausesmiley - whistlesmiley - devil

Post 3

On Youtube, watching a video where a toddler was trying to get Alexa to play 'Baby Shark'.

We decided to investigate this song...

A minute later, Elektra says, 'Make it stop! Compared to this, you are Irving Berlin.' smiley - rofl

Post 4

FWR

Compared to that, I'M Irving Berlin!!

Post 5

smiley - snork

Post 6

Willem

Cool song both of ya!

A court has recently ruled that Baby Shark is actual torture.

Post 7

smiley - snork Which court? I mean, in what country? That's wild!

I hope our videos are never ruled to be torture...

Post 8

Willem

OK going into it, it looks like the court hasn't actually ruled that the song is torture ... it looks like everyone involved simply accepted that the song constituted torture, at least the way it was used. Three Oklahoman cops were charged with 'misdemeanor counts of cruelty and conspiracy' for playing Baby Shark over and over again to prisoners as a form of 'discipline'. The District Attorney said if he could, he would have charged them with a felony for doing it. I couldn't find out how the rest of the trial went ...

Post 9

I think I agree with the judge. smiley - laugh

Post 10

And now this...the US army has decided to use 'Baby Shark' as a Jody call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N4ChH5mvAo

This is truly fearsome and definitely outclasses 'Doo Wah Diddy' as a Jody call.

Post 11

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyeBloody hell! That's sure to strike fear in the enemy on the front-line smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyesmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more