This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Short Subject: History Lesson

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

They un-paved paradise in Berkeley in 1969. Apparently, the park's still there.

I found some interesting footage and did a musical collaboration with the unknown harmonica player. (Sorry, no Henry Letterbox-style guitar.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acG7ThEb-m0

smiley - dragon

Post 2

FWR

They should put up a parking lot, right over that bloody harmonica player....

Now, somewhere in my loft is my grandad's old mouth organ.... Should be easy enough...

Post 3

FWR

Nice to see protesters all had nicely ironed shirts back then, bet their shoes positively gleamed. smiley - applause

Post 4

Yeah - you tend to think of them as scruffy, so I thought the footage was kind of interesting. smiley - laugh

Post 5

FWR

It's like when you see early bikers, all neckties and suit jackets smiley - biggrin

Post 6

smiley - laugh Hard for me to judge, because the looks are so familiar. I still remember that year pretty well.

I think people tend to confuse the 'flower power' people with the activists. Activists tended to be more earnest, less imaginatively dressed, and far more prone to talk you to death. Although the long version of this film has some outdoor theatre in it. Let me find the link for you...

http://archive.org/details/6383_Peoples_Park_01_00_34_22

Read the description. I like that they added more politics so it didn't sound too 'hippy dippy'. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more