This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Short Subject: Assorted Attractive Rodents

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

They're cute. They're funny. Best of all, they're outside, and not in my house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKrwr6xgTo

smiley - dragon

Post 2

FWR

Love this backyard safari! Black squirrels look evil though.

Post 3

Oh, Fred's not evil - he's an absolute sweetheart. smiley - rofl That red squirrel is evil, though - chases the grey squirrels all over the place, and he's half their size.

Shortly after this footage was taken, but when I didn't have my camera out, the black cat from across the street slammed into the rain spout at the side of the porch. He seemed a bit dazed, then embarrassed - he was chasing a chipmunk, and it outran him and dashed under the porch. smiley - blackcat

Lots of action this morning. smiley - laugh

Post 4

FWR

should be selling tickets mate, latest tourist attraction!

Post 5

smiley - rofl

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Great video - fascinating to see the different rodents. Fred certainly got a good meal out of those sunflower seeds!

The cat and the chipmunk sound like some sort of cartoon plot smiley - laugh

Post 7

Thanks, Sasha. smiley - laugh Yes - worse than that, that black cat looks like the cat from the Cheezburger site, only different in colour.

Post 8

Willem

I envy you your squirls and cheapmonkeys.

Post 9

smiley - rofl

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - sadfaceand also smiley - laugh

In the 1980's when I was "on" the CB radio etcsmiley - smileyI had some friends who were smiley - nurse's at our local hospital. They lived in a high-rise block of flats near the centre of townsmiley - smiley
They had a pet ratsmiley - smileyand because the smiley - nurses drank smiley - redwinethey always put a bottle cap full on the floor for the rat - hic! smiley - laugh
One night when talking on CBsmiley - biggrinI asked how the rat was ? they replied - he's deadsmiley - sadface
I asked (jokingly - did he die of alcoholic poisoning ?)
They replied - NO! He was pissed and walked off the balcony - 4 floors upsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 11

Aww. smiley - sadface Poor smiley - mouse!

Post 12

Phred Firecloud

The shots of the red squirrel in the sunlight with a dark background were excellent...

we don't see any black squirrels in these parts...strange looking...I saw the first one traveling in the northeast three years ago and looked them up...just a genetic mutation in gray squirrels they say...like blue eyes.

Post 13

Thanks, Phred.

About the black squirrels - that's what my brother-in-law the Earth Science teacher keeps telling everybody. smiley - rofl

Fifty Shades of Gray

Post 14

Phred Firecloud

Because the black-coat gene is dominant, a squirrel will be black if one or both of its pigment-forming genes is the black version.
Blue eyes are recessive....

Fifty Shades of Gray

Post 15

smiley - eureka That's why Fred showed up this year with Fred, Jr, also a black squirrel. smiley - laugh

We are, of course, assuming genders, which are probably wrong. We're allowed, because the gender of the squirrels is their own business, and they could care less what we say about them. smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post