This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Short Subjects: Spanish Eyes

Post 41

FWR

I'll say it was a bit ruff... Before anyone else. One I have to redo, should've checked sound when I did pics

Short Subjects: Hallelujah Chorus

Post 42

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

There is audio software - I don't use it, but if you're going to go (semi)pro, you might consider it. There are 'free month' samples available on Amazon for testing. You can remove mistakes, balance sound, equalise, etc.

Not a sound geek, and I'm hearing-impaired, but I did radio in the dark ages, which meant that platters literally spun...I can 'cue up' a 33 1/3...smiley - laugh

Post 43

FWR

These are just practice sessions I'm mooching in on mate, outdoors too. There are mics and amps available when they are. But I do need a sound mixer anyway. Just plug your ears and enjoy the flowers. smiley - cheers

Post 44

Phred Firecloud

Willem, I'm not sure what, if anything happened to the cormorant video...the one below features anhingas...different music...30 second longer for some nest-sitting...

https://youtu.be/7BKu2nQ7hwg

Post 45

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I wasn't complaining, just kibitzing. smiley - rofl I know outdoors. A couple of Labor Days ago, I had this outdoor gig in front of the uni library. with an amplifier. I think I could be heard at least as far as the First Church of Nighthoover...

Post 46

Willem

Thanks Phred I like the music! Those are definitely Anhingas. You can easily tell them from cormorants … they have straight, sharp-tipped bills, while all cormorants have hook-tipped bills. Also neat that you can see in that video is their big webbed feet! Like cormorants they have webs between all four toes. They perch somewhat awkwardly but they manage!

Post 47

Phred Firecloud

When you look up anhinga, the cormorant is listed as a similar bird. I saw one of the former swimming in a Florida lake many years ago. It had just its neck and head above water. I thought it was a big cottonmouth water mocassin. When it flew away, I thought it was a snakebird. I've lived in Florida my whole life and never heard of anhingas before this month...we have all kinds of strange birds that probably will remain nameless to me...but I know sandhill crane, roseate spoonbill, white ibis, and white egret now...

Post 48

Willem

Anhingas and snakebirds are the same thing! And here in South Africa we call them darters.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more