This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

'UPMC also announced it was beginning to implement a new, untested form of clinical trials for COVID-19 treatments, called REMAP, that would draw on artificial intelligence, like that used by Amazon and Google to select advertisements for customers, to try to balance improving outcomes and getting statistically reliable data.

The way it works is that as certain treatments begin to show promising results, the trial recommends more of the successful treatments to more patients. If it turns out that treatment erroneously shows early positive results, then the trial would later adjust and stop recommending those treatments as much. The hope is that more and more patients in the trials would, over time, receive effective treatments, rather than so many patients receiving placebos, as happens in more traditional clinical trials.'

Public Source.org

http://www.publicsource.org/important-info-on-coronavirus-preparation-in-allegheny-county/

I smiley - love Pittsburgh.

smiley - dragon

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

now, if only we could evoke Intelligent use of non-AI, err... Intelligent use of Intelligence in otter-words smiley - zensmiley - silly

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 3

ITIWBS

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 4

How true, 2legs. smiley - laugh

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Does A.I. know the difference between chicken shit and lettuce ?
Because I DO! smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 6

I'm very dubious of any AI, based on anything to do with Amazon.... - when I want a laugh I go to amazon, to look at the 'recomended' stuff... smiley - snork
"people who bought Frank Zappa", also bought..... nappies... smiley - huh milk steralising equipment smiley - huh a toothbrush smiley - huh etc., etc., smiley - snork people who also bought a kettle... bought... a kettle smiley - headhurts

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 7

smiley - rofl I know what you mean, 2legs.

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 8

I somehow convinced Amazon's AI, a few years back, that I was a female, with a newborn child smiley - huh - judgeing at least by its recommendations for baby-bottle steralisers etc and maternity dresses smiley - laugh mind, I've bought a pretty wide selection of seemingly disconnected things from them, mens and womans clothes, and shoes, kids/childs teddy bears, plus of course tools, CDS, grocery bits and kitchen stuff and... just stuff smiley - laugh

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 9

smiley - laugh It's fun to fool them, isn't it?

I used to get snail mail when I was teaching. 'Dear Concerned Christian' read some of them, 'Fellow Catholic', others (I worked for a Benedictine college), and 'Fellow Jew'...

That's what happens when you're eclectic. smiley - rofl

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 10

The best we get ATM, is:

phone calls, (spam, sales etc), for Mrs Bonamneuhatti (well, that's how it sounds)…. - "yes, Mrs beaunamnewhatti here" …. no idea where they got that name like, smiley - laugh

Intelligent Use of AI

Post 11

smiley - rofl Could be fun...

Key: Complain about this post