This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

How to Play/Read the Hooverville Saga

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Folks, if you're doing NaJoPoMo journals, remember to sign up on the Create page available from your Front Page. smiley - smiley So far, Bluebottle's alone on there.

If you are participating in or reading '30 Hours from Hooverville', the page is A87951720 - each day will see a new thread added to that page.

Have fun, and stay safe out there!

smiley - dragon

Post 2

It is 1 November. I have read the Hooverville entries so far.

I have one thing to say: brilliant!

Post 3

FWR

All that hard work paying off, thanks DGsmiley - applause

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

OO... must try to have a sniff of this when I've time smiley - runsmiley - doh

Post 5

smiley - biggrin If you've a mind to play along, 2legs, check out the cast list at A87953313 and see what you'd like to do.

Post 6

cactuscafe

Ah yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes?

Yes.

The love.

The Waffelhaus.

The questions.

The answers.

The characters who know.

They do????

Ah yes. November. November.

Post 7

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

So, how would that work if two characters meet each other? Do both players create one post of 600-2000 words?

Post 8

smiley - biggrin What an interesting idea! Sure, you could do that - length would be up to you.

Post 9

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl Ooops, sorry Tavaron, if this is to do with my peculiar posting, the author of which sounds like she's about to start talking to herself, and possibly others in Hooverville.

In fact, I was just intending to post here to say Hullo folks! loving the writing! I'm reading!

However, so realistic and creative is your project that, yesterday I was on the verge of getting lured in. Hence my strange posting.

A curious character within my brain was pulling at my sleeve. The temptation of the Waffelhaus was too great.

I was supposed to be here anyway, Dmitri even gave me a free drinks pass at the Waffelhaus. smiley - redwinesmiley - redwine

However, I'm limited in certain areas, so I declined the invite, and the free drinks pass (what??? ) smiley - rofl I'm not able to sustain the quality of character interaction which I consider to be beneficial to a project such as this.

So I will continue to read for the month of November, because that's really what I want to do, and see what on earth happens to you lot. smiley - rofl

smiley - coffee

I appreciate the creative stimulus though, I am unashamedly stealing, erm, OK temporarily borrowing, your ideas and your town to write my own alternative version because I want to see where it takes me.

What might have happened if Leonora Rivera (who????) (well, I don't know yet, I feel like a medium, who are these strange people who talk to us in our heads??)

What almost happened is that she got off a bus in Hooverville last night. Her intention was to find the Waffelhaus Cafe, urgently, except it was the middle of the night.

All I do know is that my posting would have been just a few words.

I'd have emerged from the shadows, and spoken in fact to you. smiley - rofl

You'd have gone, erm, ok, and checked the cast list.

smiley - roflsmiley - rofl You see, last night you were wandering around town in the middle of the night. There are a lot of cats in Hooverville, this I have observed.

However, not knowing you were Wilhelmina Schreckenghast, proprietor of the Waffelhaus, I'd have said

'Hullo. I must find the Waffelhaus Cafe, now. I will sit on the doorstep and wait till morning. My quest is urgent. I need answers more than waffles, but waffles are good also.'

smiley - coffee

I do find my sub stories quite hilarious. smiley - rofl But trust me, I am happier that they remain sub.

Write on, people of Hooverville! You are all amazing. I am reading you.

Post 10

Okay, I've got to go and...play an organ. smiley - blush

So if anybody needs the fire siren, just post this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL9CHPV8vcw

See you in a few hours. smiley - run

smiley - dragon

Post 11

cactuscafe

I had a recording once, a vinyl record, of Under Milk Wood, I think it was Richard Burton reading it. Very amazing.

I am reminded of this now, reading the postings, as Hooverville wakes to its first day. A community sharing the same night, and waking to morning, thinking about their lives in prose poetry. Reminds me of listening to my Under Milk Wood recording.

smiley - redwine

Now there's a compliment. That'll be seven stiff drinks smiley - stiffdrinks please in payment. heheh. No, seriously. I mean it. It just came to me, so I thought I'd tell you all.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more