This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Pittsburgh's Crime Wave: Chicken Graffiti Vandal Strikes Again

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

The tweet from the Pittsburgh Police begins:

'Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Graffiti Squad detectives seek the public's help in identifying a male suspected of spray-painting graffiti inside a Southside pub and possibly elsewhere.'

It goes on to outline the details of the crime. On 1 December, a 21-year-old male with long brown hair entered Rugger's Pub shortly after midnight. After ordering a drink, he went into the bathroom. Moments later (keep this in mind!), he left the bar.

Patrons complained that there was a strong (and apparently, unusual) odor coming from the bathroom. 'Staff found the image of a chicken freshly painted on the walls and mirror.'

The cops say this isn't the only place this has happened. Similar graffiti have been found elsewhere in Southside and Oakland, where the big universities are. The police don't say, but I'm thinking they should look for an art student with a quick-draw style.

Pittsburghers are no help. They're tweeting back with art criticism.

You probably don't know the chicken graffiti vandal, and wouldn't tell us if you did, but feel free to offer your views of this picture:

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/14486187-74/pittsburgh-police-seeking-graffiti-vandal-leaving-trail-of-chickens-throughout-south-side

Elektra thought it was a turkey. I'm inclined to agree.

smiley - dragon

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Hm... I shall take the link and smiley - run to see what type of poultry my smiley - weirdsmiley - scientist chicken friends think it is!

Post 3

Oh, good. Experts! smiley - rofl

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Well, pyxis has (or has had) chickens, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, pigeons, and emus.

FMF has (or has had) chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, and pheasants.

casportpony has (or has had) chickens, muscovies, and peafowl.

And there are some artists in the group. smiley - laugh

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46812657

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

Graffiti artist - who's made it big-time

Post 6

Everyone got distracted by a bunch of prodigals coming back, and my checking on another missing missed person... Think of it like ben and Asteroid Lil and lil stopping in, and if Dmitri had been missing for 10 months with no contact with anyone--nothing onsite (including personal messages), texts and emails not returned, nada.

(Personalities/personas not remotely alike, but I tried to think of folks with roughly the same impact/level of ubiquity before leaving.)

Post 7

That's more important than graffiti. smiley - smiley Glad y'all found your friends.

Post 8

Well, the you-equivalent is still AWOL, but I know her husband on FB (she's not on there) and he let us know that she is still having a rough recovery from the car accident 10 months ago. He's not known for being the best message-passer-along-er, so the roughness could be physical, mental, or both...

Post 9

smiley - cheerup Send her a get-well-soon.

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"lil" smiley - smiley I'm in regular contact with her, we have remained very close (inc all her family) smiley - magic personal visits are far too few smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post