This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Isle of What??? I Blame Autocorrect

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I had to find this out on Twitter? smiley - yikes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/22/asda-makes-basic-error-launching-isle-wight-store/

The problem was, I didn't know what this 'Asda' was that UK Twitter was shocked by. I gather now that it's a grocery store chain.

Shame on them. The horror. smiley - rofl

On the other hand, Bluebottle - grab one of the faulty bags. It could become a collector's item...

smiley - dragon

Post 2

Bluebottle

Asda is a supermarket chain with a bottom fetish that is now owned by Walmart. The store's long been a right pain as for the last year or two Asda have blocked the main road from Sandown & Shanklin to Newport in order to create 'traffic improvements' that will make it even more difficult to get from Sandown to Newport, as what the Island really needs is more pointless roundabouts, but possibly but probably not easier to get from Newport to Asda.

Alas it isn't the first time that mistake's been made, although at least the Premier Inn debacle had spelling errors nationwide:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-inns-lenny-henry-ad-123801

<BB<

Post 3

Ah, what is education coming to? smiley - laugh

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

we wuz mhore heducated when kids went down the mines, co's cheaper than a horse to pull coal tubs

smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Icy North

Asda's name (ASsociated DAiries) is a throwback to when it was a dairy farm in Yorkshire. I think we can forgive them a few spelling mistakes, as anywhere outside of Yorkshire is clearly foreign.

Post 6

Ah. smiley - eureka Yorkshire. That explains it.

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Amen to that. Yorkshire explains a lot smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Post 8

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - whistle

smiley - ermWhat am I whistling for smiley - erm ?

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post